12

Sorry it's a short one and sorry for the delay, I've been busy with some stuff from school but now that it's summer I'm gonna try and upload three chapters per week. Enjoy!
Word count: 1564
ϟ

Steve is being so kind, I keep waiting for a lecture or some kind of punishment, definitely not the kind of help he's been giving me these past few hours. We both have a part to do of the plan he came up with yesterday. He is going to try and distract Tony and keep him out of his lab for a few hours while I look around for the serum and then he will follow me and make sure I am safe when I meet Wade and make the delivery to the place where she kidnapped me yesterday, which we have yet to fugue out who she is, though she does look very familiar, but I don't know from where. You'd think it's easy to recognize someone who has skin like a snake, but no.
Steve is supposed to gather everyone for a team meeting while I go and snoop around Tony's lab, we also don't want Bruce to come in while I steal something and because it is a dangerous experiment it might be contained and under vigilance.
I've been in the lab a couple of times, I am not allowed to be here by myself and Tony is very careful on what can be touched and things that can't, also what sections of the lab are out of limits. There are three areas: The top right corner where he keeps weapons, the workshop where he repairs all his suits and Bruce's area of the lab where he keeps weird chemicals.

"Okay, if I was a red serum with a high chance of destroying humanity, where would I be?" I ask out loud to myself looking in the drawers of Tony's desk, cupboards, cabinets, tapping walls in hopes there is a secret compartment and it never occurred to me that it might be in Bruce's lab area, until I see a red liquid inside a crystal box like it is on display. "Guess that's the one." I walk to the box open it carefully and grab the serum, but before I get out of there I pour some of the liquid in another probation glass, so Tony or Bruce can make it again. I put the serum in my bag and sneak out of the tower while Steve is finishing the meeting.

I walk to B&N and wait for three minutes, fully aware I am going to be taken again and Steve knows where to find me this time. Just like yesterday two men in suits step out of the van first and then the lady gets off wearing a green king trench coat, looking expensive and classy.
"Camila, glad you could make it." She smirks. "Did you bring it?" I nod and pull the serum out of my bag and before she can take it away from me I snatch it back.
"Before I give this to you, I need to know two things." She scoffs and I threaten to drop the probation glass.
"What?"
"One. Who are you? And two. How do I find Deadpool?"
"Fine." Her laugh is wry. "My name is Viper, but some know me as Madame Hydra and second you don't need to find him when he's coming to me to die." She snaps her fingers and the two tall built men grab my arms holding me steady and she takes the serum from my hand leaving me alone in the street.

I stand in the same spot for almost a minute, contemplating what just happened, what I'm going to tell Tony and figuring out my next move. I take a big breath and walk back to the tower disappointed at myself for feeling that I didn't accomplish anything. When I step foot in the lobby the receptionist calls my name and I walk to her desk with a small smile on my face.
"Mr. Stark is looking for you, he is in the communal living room." She smiles at me sympathetically.
"Thanks," I look at her chest where she has a name tag pinned to the collar of her blazer. "Kathy."

I prepare myself mentally for the massive scold I'm about to get from Tony and probably everyone else. I rest my forehead to the window glass on the elevator and admire the amazing view from the elevator until the 83rd floor, enjoying the last seconds of peace and silence. The elevator dings and opens its doors to the living room. As soon as they hear the elevator open their heads turn almost a hundred and eighty degrees. Tony's face is furious, Steve has a guilty face and looks like he is sympathizing with me fore whats coming and Natasha is also pissed, she can barely hold my stare. I don't even have a whole foot out the elevator, yet Tony is standing in front of me ready to scold me and send me to my room.

"You are grounded for the entire week. No parties, no going out for coffees, no shopping, in fact give me your credit cards." Tony extends his hand and I take my wallet out of my bag and give him my credit cards he gave me when I first got here. I've never seen him this mad, even when Peter graciously screws up. "Why? Why didn't you ask for help?" He is still looking at the cards I just gave him. "Why don't you talk to me?" He lifts his chin to look at me and his look only showed me how disillusioned he is with me.
I don't want to throw Steve under the bus, but I don't know how to handle the disappointment Tony is showing towards me. I glance at Steve giving him away.

"What was that?" Tony asks with his torso looking in Steve's direction. I open my mouth to answer but he raises a finger before I any words can come out of my mouth. "I see."
"I'm sorry, he offered to help and we came up with this plan while I took the rest of the serum to the woman that kidnapped me." I talk as fast as I can before he has the chance to shut me up again.
"The rest of the serum?" I nod my head. "You didn't take it all?" I shake my head. "I love you." He kisses my forehead. "This doesn't mean you're not grounded anymore and I'm still mad." He says and rushes to his lab and everyone follows. "I made the serum to reduce self-healing abilities, because we've encountered creatures and people that are hard to injure, but I've been also working on another serum that can enhance said abilities." He shows us a blue serum, kinda like the one Steve has running in his veins. "I was making this for you, Cam."
He hands it to me and my eyes started to flood wit tears. "Why?" I ask.
"You are family now and you need to be extra prepared, especially now that you are more vulnerable."
I hug him, but give him the serum back. "I can't take this, what if I go back home and still have those abilities? It'll be more dangerous." I explain and despite he understanding I won't take it he keeps it.

Later that same night my mind keeps wondering to Wade and how am I going to find a guy who only is found when he wants to be found. Also, I keep wondering if Viper was just saying whatever, so I could give her the serum. I start to feel more guilty than before for breaking Tony's trust, I can't get the moment out of my head when he looked at me completely disappointed and broken, ashamed even of knowing me. I cringe at the memory and at the stupid decision I made this morning, probably putting a lot of people in danger.
I'm laying on my side looking at one of the many walls of my bedroom, thinking about the moment and realizing I never actually apologized to Mr. Stark; now guilt is eating me alive and it's going to be impossible for me to fall asleep unless I make things right. I look at the clock on my nightstand and it's not too late to go knock on his door and say a shitty but honest apology. I slip my feet on my black slippers and walk all the way to Tony's room. I hesitate for a few moments with my hand on a fist ready to knock two times. I find the courage to make contact with the white door and he opens the door before I could actually do it. He looks at me curious of what am I doing at this hour outside his room.

"I'm sorry." I say and he doesn't understand why I am apologizing. "I'm sorry for not coming to you first, for being a total brat and thinking I can do everything by myself in a world that I think I know everything. It was stupid." I sigh. "I'm really sorry, Tony."
"It's okay kid." He hugs me.
"It's not. I'm horrible." My voice is mumbled because I talk with my head buried in his chest. I lift by chin up. "I'm so sorry." I let a tear fall down my eye.
"Go pack, I'm taking everyone to a well-deserved beach trip." I frown, but don't complain and go do as told.