26

I'm so v sorry for not updating but life has been a kick in the ass for quite some time, but here ya go! Another chapter to lighten up your lives :)

Word count:1269

Every news channel is covering the same story, it's been 29 days and it was a horrible mistake, i know that. I have been beating myself up to figure out how to fix it, but I don't know how. All I wanted to do was help save life's and instead I took them. My eyes are glued to the TV even when Steve turns it off. I feel so much sadness and anger that I also feel numb.

"It's my fault." I say putting a strand of hair behind my ear and wiping the tears with the back of my hand.
"That's not true." Steve says leaning on the door frame, afraid to get close to me.
"You can't even come close to me. You know it's true." I try to yell but my voice croaks. Steve shakes his head and proves me wrong by seating beside me and putting us hand in my lap.
"I can't believe I killed all those people." I sigh holding back my tears. "I knew it was him, I let you get your guard off and it was supposed to be Wanda not me." I sniff. "How could I let this happen?"
"Stop doing that. I should've clocked that vest long before you had to deal with it." He wipes the tears off my face with his thumb. "It's on me."
"It's on both of us." I tilt my head resting it on Steve's hand.

He leans closer to kiss me and attach our lips together. Every time he does that it's pure adrenaline rushing through my body. I put my arms around his neck pulling him closer, he grabs my waist and puts me on his lap, I try so hard not to grind on him, I feel him get hard and that makes me smile from ear to ear between kisses, he slowly lays me down on the bed holding himself with his elbows giving me soft kisses on the lips and cheeks, basically all over my face making me smile. "God, you're so beautiful." He whispers.

As we are heavily making out Vision comes in without knocking the door, just going through the walls.
"Vis! We talked about this." I push Steve off of me.
"Yes, but the door was opened so I assumed that..." He points at the door that is wide open. "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."
Steve cleared his throat and adjusts his shirt. "Thank you. We'll be right down."
"I'll use the door." Vision is clearly uncomfortable and leaves through the door. "Oh and apparently he's brought a guest." He turns around.
"We know who it is?" Steve asks from the edge of the bed.
"The Secretary of Sate." Vision nods and leaves the room.

I exhale and close my eyes, I know exactly why he's here, it's because of what I did in Lagos. It's been almost a month and it's still on the news, still haunting me. Steve looks at me and takes my hand; every touch is reassuring when it comes to him. My head hurts and my stomach too, I can't handle this much stress and Steve notices it.
"Hey, I'll seat right next to you, you won't be alone." He says squeezing my hand.

We walk hand in hand out of the room into the meeting room. Sadly we can't seat next to each other, because it will "look bad" in front of Secretary Ross, he can use our relationship against us, but I sit in eyesight of Steve. Mr. Ross starts rambling about an unimportant and irrelevant life event of his, something about him having a heart attack, to be honest I am it paying attention until he starts bringing up the battle of New York. He also shows us very short videos of said battle and the rest of every fight the Avengers have been part of.

"Washington D.C." He shows more footage of S.H.I.E.L.D being taken down, people were screaming in the video. "Sokovia." More footage, everyone turns to look at Wanda and she shrinks in her seat. We will never forget the day Pietro died to save a child. "Lagos." I can feel the stares on me I want to cry, I want to hold Steve but he is too far from me, so I have to stay strong, even though Mr. Secretary is still showing the footage of a month ago where I killed all those people, faces of children dead, body bags, people crying. I turn my gaze to the table as if it was the most interesting thing in the room.

Steve notices I'm squirming. "Okay. That's enough." He orders and I thank him for being so protective of me. The Secretary of State cuts the video.

"For the past four years you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate." He says with his hands behind his back looking at each of us. "But I think we have a solution." Someone hands him a pile of files and puts it in front of me. "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries. It states..." He starts to walk around the table.
"It states that the Avengers will no longer be a private organization." I stand up from my seat and the Secretary of State looks at me confused. "We will have to operate under supervision of the UN." I don't want that, the UN is absolutely useless in so many ways.
"The Avengers where formed to make the world a safer place." Steve says monotone.
"Tell me Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross asks.
"Somewhere in space." I mumble and Vis looks at me.

After the meeting ends we stay in the table for a few minutes in silence until I break the ice. "So, I don't think we should sign these." I say and Tony locks his eyes on mine. "I know what you're thinking, but I have to agree with Steve and the rest on not to sign this, dad."

Tony puts his phone out and showed us a hologram of a young guy. "Oh, that's Charles Spencer. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA...had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world." He starts to brew his coffee in a little French press. "Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do."
"Dad." I cut him off.
"No! Let me finish." He sighs. "He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where. Sokovia." We stay silent, everyone full with guilt. He sips his coffee. "We need to be put in check." They keep arguing and even tho I try to change Tony's mind I know how this is gonna go down, there's no stopping it, so I just stay silent and listen to them discuss something that they will not agree on.
I hear Steve's phone vibrate and I know exactly what the text said.

"I have to go." Steve says and exits the room leaving everyone confused.
I follow him and when he stops at the bottom of the stairs I tap on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." I hug him and he hugs me back. "Do you want me to go with you?" He nods.