Ch.18-Parties with Snakes

Draco P.O.V

I crashed on to the snow-covered ground, feeling my hands slip under the light snow and hit the rocks that dug deeply into my palms as I tried to catch myself. Inhaling the snow and blood as I hit the ground, I landed on my stomach and quickly rolled on to my back. Seeing Dolohov come stomping out of the doorway with my mother hysterical behind him. I managed to sit up, spitting blood on to the snow beside me, wiping it and the cold snow from mouth.

'Fuck you...Dolohov!' I yelled out with a smirk as he was continued towards me, cracking his knuckles. I rubbed my jaw line, feeling the fresh bruise from him punching me.

'I have done everything to keep you and your mother alive since Lucius went to Azkaban! This is how you fucking repay me?!' He was now standing at my feet, taking a deep breath, and pulling out a cigarette.

I said nothing, knowing he was right. I fucked up, speaking out of line to the Dark Lord was so unwise and continue to be a smartass wasn't helping anything. My family's name is on the line and if not for Dolohov constantly vouching for us, we would be dead already.

The smoke for his cigarette had entered my nostrils, I took a deep breath and held out my hand. He saw this, giving me a dirty look but caved in. He grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet and gave me one of his cigarettes and lit a match off his leather pants.

Closing my eyes and taking a long drag off it, I let the smoke enter my body and slowly exhaled.

'I'm sorry.'

Dolohov's expression was shocked, but he smiled wickedly at me. He then looked back to my mother, who was sniffling and wiping her tears. She realized she was being beckoned to us.

'Draco, I want you to know that everything that happened tonight...that is your life now.' He took a drag and slowly exhaled as my mother approached.

'Rather you want it or not, it's in your blood and you can't escape it. You are a Malfoy; it is time for you to grow up and be true to your name. You better hope that your fiancée is willing to accept it as well, especially with her true blood line. That poor girl has no idea, from what Bellatrix could get out of her mother.' Dolohov took one last drag and flicked his cigarette in the snow. He looked to my mother, she looked so exhausted as tears continued to slowly leave her eyes. Dolohov put his hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. 'Cissy please, no more. ' My mother sniffled, giving him a soft nod and then they both looked to me.

I nodded back to both lightly, as I exhaled the smoke from my own cigarette. My mother looked displeased, but after the horror show I just endured all night I needed a few more.

'Who is she? Why does she not know?' I paused, feeling my jaw scream from the pain of his punch earlier as I tried to take another drag. Silence fell before us, as I waited for my answer.

Dolohov came over, helping me up and then beckoned me to follow him towards the gardens. My mother came up beside me, sliding her arm between me mine and pulling me close. The three of us walked together, with no words for a good awhile coming to the pond that laid in the middle of our garden. It was frozen over, as it hit me how cold it truly was outside.

Dolohov pulled out another cigarette and took a long drag from it, as he exhaled, he gave me a curious look.

'Tell me Draco, have you ever heard of the name Grindelwald? '

                                    ~*~

                                                                ~*~

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.