Ch.17- Fire & Nott's

Natiley P.O.V

Spending time with Blaise had been an interesting change of pace but in a good way. He would flirt with you, but you would not do it back. You honestly felt like he was doing it to make you smile and laugh, which you did enjoy. It is was harmless and you knew you could never do anything to harm Draco. Plus, you never saw Blaise anything more than just a good friend.

You just enjoyed that you had a smile on your face for once and he was helping you forget the dark shit you had been dealing with lately. It made you appreciate Blaise Zabini a lot, probably more then he will ever know.

He was definitely the charmer and everything he said to you, flowed out of his mouth like honey. He knew the right things to say, to keep you smiling.

It made you wonder how this man was single, he was a smooth operator in every way that would make any girl give in. Then you realized the way he spoke about Pansy to you. He seemed to have a thing for her, especially when he told you how he defended her against your psycho ex.

What was stopping him?

Lost in your thoughts, you felt a nudge. 'Princess, you awake?'

You shook your head at the ridiculous nickname Blaise was starting to call you. You both had finally walked through the doors of the Great Hall for lunch.

The Great Hall was lite up with Christmas lights, Christmas trees and the fake sky had puffy white clouds with snowflakes falling slowly. It was incredibly busy, as you watched everyone chatting it up about their Holiday plans. You heard a Howler in the distance, screaming at a 1st year about a couple bad grades and skipping classes. Owls were flying in, dropping off early presents and Christmas letters. It smelled of peppermint, freshest baked cookies and pine which made me feel euphoric to it. This was your favorite time of the year and you finally got to enjoy what Hogwarts had to offer during the holidays, even if it was just for the moment.

It was a beautiful sight to take in, after basically being locked up in the Room of Requirement with Draco or being tormented by Professor Snape.

Blaise and you continued to walk in, when you started to notice some eyes dart both your directions. You shrugged them off as Blaise continued to talk about embarrassing Crabbe and Goyle in Divination class to show their stupidity.

You finally said bye to Blaise and went the opposite way. When you tried to sit at the Ravenclaw table, everyone gave you dirty and distasteful looks. You assumed they must know what had happened between Cho and you. As you saw her at the other end, shaking her head and leaning into Cedrics chest. He looked at you with the most disappointed look, as he continued to hold Cho closely.

The feeling of sadness was not even there, honestly you were simply tired. Tired of all the damn bullshit and the way you were being treated by everyone. You were done feeling sorry for yourself and were tired of caring of what other people thought of you. They knew nothing of what you were going through and who you were becoming.

Draco's words entered your mind as the eyes stayed fixated on you; 'You need to start acting like a Malfoy.' The words rang in your head as the eyes continued to show hate and disgust at your presence being near the table. You could hear their whispers and scoffs as you looked over the crowd that had gathered. The students you once called your friends, the ones you laughed with and even recruited into Dumbledore's Army had turned on you. Some seemed to fear you while others looked at you as if you had horns growing out of your head.

The feeling of being sensitive to their eyes vanished completely, as you peered over them holding you head high for once. You felt the control you had over them with your movements, it had become power to you. It made you feel good even though they feared you, the feeling of joy took over you.