Ch.13-Snow

(Draco POVs will be in next chapter! Sorry, I had to get some of this stuff in Natiley's POV. It just worked a lot better, thanks for making it this far!!❤️)

This will be in Natiley's P.O.V

The crunching of snow under your feet was so satisfying, as you both drew farther away from Hogwarts. The frosty air nipped at your nose, turning it a shade of bright red making you tuck your chin further into your Ravenclaw scarf while clutching on to Draco's arm tighter.

Hearing nothing but the crunch of under your feet and both your breathing was so relaxing to you. As you happened to notice that it was almost as if life was returning to Draco every step away from Hogwarts. It was making you happy to see him looking better, but the happiness brought a tinge of sadness, that a place that you knew as your second home had made it so hard for him to function as of late.

For once, his eyes did not seem so dark, as they started to turn that into a bright silver as you both crossed the cobblestone bridge. It made you feel better though, seeing the dark circles under his eyes fade a little bit into his ivory skin.

Feeling your gaze, he looked down at you, noticing you were  staring up at him which caused him to make you both stop.

'What are you looking at?'

You blushed slightly, trying to pull your head further under your scarf but managed to blurt out some words.

'I... umm...sorry I just love looking at your eyes.'

This caused him to smirk slyly at you and roll his eyes. It was like he could never take a compliment or knew how to really give them back. He pulled his gloved hand out of his black jacket pocket, making you release his arm as he took your hand in his. He let you place your gloved fingers in between his and pulled them into his jacket pocket, pulling you closer to him with a small jerk.

Even with the darkness you both have been battling the past month, he still tried to show some sort of display of love to you. His depression had been eating him up, along with everything else you both have been going through so it was hard to be intimate with one another.

It seemed he always did these small little things for you though, that you figured was him trying to show some sort of affection towards you.

Occasionally, he would pull you close to him with his arm instead of holding hands around school. Then he would have his mother constantly send books to you that he would recommend, many you have never heard. That was one thing you both had a great appreciation for, books. It was an escape into other worlds for both of you and you both enjoyed having so much knowledge just in your hands.

Draco was much smarter than you realized at first, he just did not ever get the chance to show truly smart he was or be able to apply it in school properly.

The pressure of upholding the Malfoy name and keeping his bad boy appearance seemed to overshadow his book smarts. He did not need his father's money to buy his way through school, he had the smarts to excel in anything he put his mind too. It was kind of sad that no one knew how smart Darco Malfoy really was.

Draco's father constantly compared him to Harry Potter and how he needed to be better than him. It sounded more like Draco was constantly belittled by his father, which caused his mind to be cloudy with jealousy and having to constantly try to prove his worth every year against the golden trio.

The only true time it seemed Lucius Malfoy showed any support towards his son was in fifth year when he was head of the horrible The Inquisitorial Squad, that Professor Umbridge formed. The group tormented the other houses, bullied students, took away house points and helped made the students show respect to the Ministry of Magic.