Destroyed....

It was 2:00pm and you were still in bed. After that late night training session you needed to sleep in.
You had just woken up. You rubbed your eyes and sat up and looked at the time. Suddenly Your smoke detector started to go off. You could smell something was burning. You jump up and run to the to the kitchen. The kitchen was a little smokey. Bucky was opening the kitchen window.
"What are you doing?" you yell over the beeping smoke detector. "How do you make that thing stop"  he yells back, pointing at the smoke detector.
"I don't know, I didn't even know the thing worked" you say to him shrugging. Moments later the beeping stops.

"Yeah, sorry about that" Bucky says with a innocent smile.
"What were you burning?" You ask.
"Our lunch" he replies.
"I didn't know you can cook" you say with a smile.
"Well, I messed everything up so I guess I really can't cook after all" he chuckled.
"Well that's what restaurants are for, people like you who try to burn people's apartments down" you say laughing.

"Come on, I'll take you out for lunch" you say walking towards the living room.
"But Steve said I should stay inside and out of sight until he figures out what to say tell shield about me. And hydra is looking for us." said Bucky.
"Aww is the little winter soldier scared of big bad Hydra" you say mockingly. He glared at you. His face grew stern. "Don't ever call me that again" said Bucky. He walked away from you.
"Bucky!" You say following him. He goes into the bathroom and locked the door.

You gently knock on the door. "Bucky I'm sorry" you say.

You hear the sound of glass shattering. "Bucky! Please open the open the door" you say as you knock again. He doesn't answer. "Bucky, please. I wasn't thinking I'm so stupid, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" you say as sit down, leaning your back on the wall next to the bathroom door.
"God, why do I have to be so stupid" you say as you toss your head back. Your head hits the wall with a thud.
He opens the door. "You're not stupid" he says as he extends his metal hand to you. He help you up and you notice his flesh hand is bleeding. "Bucky" you gasp. "I'm fine" he says. You grab him by his metal hand and you pull him back into the bathroom. You make him rinse his hand in the sink to get all the blood off. Then you check if there was any glass in his cuts then rapped his hand up. "The cuts aren't very deep so you don't need stitches" you say as you finished up. "I'm sorry about the mirror" he says. You hadn't even notice it. "Oh, no worries Buck." You say with a smile.

"I'll order out, we don't have to go out OK" you say to him. You both walk to the livingroom. He stops. So do you. Bucky's trained ear could hear the unusual movement outside your door. Suddenly he grabs you by arm. "Go to your bedroom grab your gun and lock the door" he says.
"What? Why?" You say. Before he could answer your front door blows up, sending you and Bucky flying back in different directions. You've never felt anything like it.

You couldn't see anything. Debris and smoke filled the air. You coughed trying to pick yourself up. There was a terrible ringing in your ears. "Bucky!" you screamed, you could barely hear your own words. Through the smoke and debris you see two figures walking towards you. You scramble to your feet. There was glass everywhere despite being bare foot, you sprinted towards your room. You felt the shards Of glass crush under your bare feet. You push on through the pain. Next thing you know, you're being propelled backwards by your hair. "Let go of me" you yell as your being dragged by your hair back to the living room, or what's left of it anyways.

The smoke was clearing out so you can see Bucky in the corner of the room fighting two guys. He threw one man out of the broken window. That was the last thing you saw before you were thrown to the floor. You look up and you see a man and a women. "I got her, get the winter soldier" said the woman. It was her. The same woman that kick your ass in the alley. You spring up to your feet. She reaches for her gun, you also reach and the both of you tussel. In this mad scuffle, the gun goes off. One single shot. Bam! You look down and see blood. Your eyes widened. The woman falls and you just stood there with the gun in your hand. You'd never shot any one before.

You stared at her as she held her stomach and bled out.
"We have to go" said Bucky once he killed the last man. You didn't respond, you were looking at the dead body staring back at you. Bucky limped to you. He stood between you and the body. He held your face in his hands.
"I killed someone" you say looking in his eyes.
"I know your scared, but we have to go. Come on, where are the keys to your car?" Ask Bucky as he took the gun from you.
"In my room, In my purse." You reply. He runs and gets them and he grabs you by your hand and the both of you bolt to your car.

As you drove away you could hear the ambulance, fire trucks and police sirens approaching.

"Where are we going?" He asked. "My parents house, I have to make sure they're OK" you reply.

As you drove up to your mothers house, you were relieved to see the house looked normal, no damage, no sign of an attack. The cars were parked in the drive way so you knew they were home. You park across the street. You take off your seat belt and turn off the car. Opening the door you grab your purse. The car door slams  and you wait for the cars to pass, so you can cross. Bucky stands beside you and grasped your hand.
"You've been very brave. I'm proud of you" he says as the both of you begin to walk across the street. When you get to the middle of the street, KABOOM! Your parents house explodes. The energy of the blast sent a rush of strong wind and a bit debris flying your way but Bucky shielded you from it. You watched as the flames engulfed the house.
"No!" You screamed as you tried to run towards the house. Bucky held you back. "Let me go" you yell as you tussel with him. "I have to save them" you screamed as you kicked wildly, trying to wiggle loose. The house collapsed like a house of cards. "Mom! Mom!" You screamed at the top of your lungs as you fought and tussled with Bucky. You were sobbing like a scared, lost child. You fell to your knees, as did Bucky cradling you. People were coming out of their houses to see what the commotion was.  A crowd started to form in the street. Bucky just held you rocking back and forth.
"We have to go, the police will be here soon" he whispers in your ear.
"I don't care, you go I'm staying" you reply.
"I'm not leaving you. There are dead bodies back at your apartment Y/N, we need to avoid the police right now." He says as he lifted you up to your feet. You said nothing. You felt empty, just absolutely defeated . He put his arm around you and walked you to the passenger side and sat you in the car. He got in on the other side and you gave him the keys.

As he drove, you stared out the window and cried. Bucky wanted to comfort you but he didn't know how. He couldn't find the words. He would glance at you while he drove. He felt like all of this was his fault. Which is what you were thinking about yourself. You blamed yourself, nobody but yourself. Every time you thought about it, you cried more. You wanted to go home, but you could never go back there. You had no where to go. You wouldnt dare put a friend's life in danger. When you realized you were pretty much on your own, something inside you changed.  Your heart felt numb.
"Y/N?" say Bucky, breaking the silence.
You look at him. "I'm sorry. About everything, its all my fault" says Bucky.
"No, its my fault, I don't want to talk about it OK. " you say looking out of the window, wiping your tears away.
"OK" he says.
"We have to call Steve" you say, still looking out the window. He pulls out the phone Steve bought him.
"Steve. They came for us." He says to Steve over the phone. "We're going some place safe, we can't go back to the apartment" he says to him. He stood silent listening to Steve instructions. They said a few more things then he hung up.
"Are we going to that place you took me after I got beat up in the alley?" You ask.
"Yeah, its the only safe place for us right now....
End of part 8...