Chapter 6

"Shouldn't Webby be home now?" Huey asked worryingly.

"Maybe we should call Gosalyn and check up if she's there," Louie suggested.

"That's the first smart thing I've heard you say," Huey snickered.

"Hey!" Louie said annoyed at his brother's teasing.

"But in all seriousness, we should," Huey responded but before he could dial his phone...

DING-DONG

"Who could that be?" Huey asked.

"Uhh I don't know, let's go check it out," Louie responded while he ran to the front door.

Webby stood anxiously in front of the manor with Dewey next to her, she could tell he was nervous but so was she. What would he tell the family?

The first one to open the door was Louie which did not surprise Webby for some reason, his reaction did though. His eyes went wide and his mouth was open yet nothing came out from it.

"Hey Louie, who was it? Is Webby back?" Huey asked before his gaze turned the same into Louie's.

Neither of them said anything until, both of them passed out on the floor.

"Uhhh guys? Guys?!" Webby said bending down to shake the both of them, Louie was the first to gain his consciousness before Huey after a couple of seconds.

"Dewey?" Louie quacked out.

"Are you a ghost?" Huey asked before standing up to poke his brother.

"Umm no?" Dewey said while his brothers still stood in shock until Louie charged to wrestle his brother.

"You idiot were the hell were you?!" he screamed while clenching onto his shirt.

"That's a long story," Dewey responded before shoving him to the side.

"Boys what is going on-"Scrooge started but stopped at the sight if his nephew whom he thought was dead.

"Hey Scrooge, who is it?" Della asked but was also dumbfounded by the sight of her son.

"Dewey? Is that really you?" Della chocked.

"Hi mom," was all Dewey responded before being submerge into a tight hug.

"Oh my sweet baby boy," she cried while hugging her son, Dewey only returned his mother's hug with a smile Webby approved to be sincere.

"Oh you've grown so much," she said while cupping his face.

All his family gave him a hug after that, it was a surprise to see him alive and well when they thought he was dead, even Louie hugged his brother tightly with tears in his eyes. Webby only looked from afar, she didn't want to be a part of this.

"How did you find him?" Huey asked still in the group hug.

"Well...you see...I"

"I'll explain everything," Dewey interrupted.

*TIME SKIP*

Webby couldn't believe they actually fell for that after hearing Dewey's explanation to his family to which they all believed. 

Where they actually serious?

Webby only disregarded it and went inside the manor where the whole family welcomed Dewey with open arms. Donald seemed to be very enthusiastic as well who found out a little later after Della practically dragged him to see his lost nephew. Lena and Violet also came later after Louie and Huey had told them the news of how she'd found their supposed dead brother alive. It was a long day for Webby and exhausting after having to pretend she enjoyed his company to avoid any suspicion. After her friends bid her goodbye that night, Webby found herself perched on the roof avoiding any contact, she needed some space to herself to gain some of her sanity back. She had tried to avoid Dewey the entire day and only tried to act neutral about it when she was with her family who surrounded him all day. What she didn't know is that a familiar duck was looking at her while she pondered on the roof.