Chapter 2

Webby felt sick when she woke up the next morning. She felt sore throughout her entire body and moving her body to sit up hurt a lot. There was a sleeping Huey and Louie next to her bed which left her confused until she remembered. Last night, she'd seen Dewey, could it have been a dream? It felt to real but Dewey is dead! How could she have seen him at the manor breaking in. This was too much to process in. Suddenly Webby felt both boys shift slightly before waking up with both having the same worried look in their faces.

"Webby are you okay?"

"How do you feel?"

"Do you need anything?"

"Does anything hurt?"

Webby only looked at both boys questioningly.

"So yesterday wasn't a dream?" she asked making both boys look at her curiously now.

"Webby someone broke into the manor and they injured you badly to the point you collapsed on top of mom," Huey explained raising a brow at Webby.

"Yeah Scrooge speculates it to be a F.O.W.L agent," Louie added.

"A F.O.W.L agent?" Webby questioned.

"We don't know what they were looking for but that's not important right now, how do you feel?" Huey asked.

"Just a bit roughed up to be honest I've been through worse," Webby said stretching out her arms.

"Did you get to see who it was?" Louie asked her suddenly.

"Huh?"

"The mask was on the floor so did you see who it was?" Louie asked impatiently.

Webby froze at his question. If that wasn't a dream, then that meant that...Dewey was still alive!

"Dude chill, she's been through a lot," Huey argued.

"I couldn't see anything it was too dark," she lied in a low tone.

"That's fine Webby," Huey said patting her shoulder.

"By the way are you still on for today?" Louie asked her.

"Yeah I will be still going," Webby responded without thinking.

"Well if you need us we'll be in the dining room," Huey said before both boys left her to her own inquiries.

Dewey, he was still alive so then why did he leave? Why didn't he come back? What was he doing in the manor breaking in? These were too many questions for her to handle, she had to get answers one way or another. But how? She didn't know if she could retrieve any information from S.H.U.S.H or if there was any information, she worked again tomorrow but Webby needed answers now. Then an idea beamed into her head but she needed to leave the manor in order to get her information.

Webby quickly dressed in her casual outfit before meeting the boys down in the dining room where all the family was already gathered to have breakfast. Mrs. Beakly was the first one to approach her granddaughter with worry only to receive a smile from her assuring her that she was fine. "How are you feeling dear?" Beakly asked worryingly. "I'm okay Granny no need to worry," she responded with a smile but all her family sent her worried glances. "Ya sure las?" Scrooge questioned him but the young duck only nodded she didn't need her family worrying about her right now they had enough to deal with on their own. "I'm sure plus I'm starving," Webby responded before sitting down in her spot. Webby sighed in relief when her family shrugged the thought off even though she'd almost been brutally injured by Dewey last night.

After breakfast, Webby went to her room where she would prepare for her private mission. She had a lot of confused emotions while she packed her bag with essentials. She didn't know what she would find out there but she needed closure. After everyone else minded their business, Webby sneaked out quietly away from the manor before jumping on her pink motor bike and driving out into Duckburg. After what seemed to be a short drive, Webby found herself at Darkwing's lair where she knew she would find the equipment necessary to track Dewey down. Webby quietly parked her bike before knocking on the lair's entrance.

"Who is it?" a female voice called out.

"It's Webby," Webby spoke through the doorbell.

"Hold on a sec."

The door suddenly opened to reveal a teenage Gosalyn with the same curly hair and jacket from when she was younger.

"Hey Webby, what brings you here," she asked her letting her in.

"I need your help Gos, I need to use WANDA," she explained briefly.

"What for?" Gos asked questioningly.

"If I tell you can I trust you not to tell anyone," Webby asked cautiously.

"I promise."

"It's Dewey, he broke into the manor last night and I feel he's working for F.O.W.L," she explained.

"But Dewey's been gone for four years."

"Apparently not."

"What can I do?"

"Do you think WANDA can access direct archives from F.O.W.L?"

"Maybe but only superficial stuff, F.O.W.L does have their own security system," Gosalyn explained.

"Anything is useful," Webby said rubbing her eyes.

"Okay let me see what I can do," Gosalyn said before calling out to WANDA.

"WANDA search F.O.W.L archives for agents."

"SEARCHING FOWL AGENT ARCHIVES," the computer said.

"AGENT ARCHIVES FOUND."

"Ok let's take a look here," Gosalyn said while searching through the files of agents.

"Anything?" Webby asked while holding both her hands.

"No...nothing with Dewey in here," Gosalyn said with a sigh.

"Are you sure this is nothing psychological Webby, I'm worried about you," Gos said.

"No, I saw him Gos!" Webby exclaimed.

"Well the only possible way to track him down would be having a DNA sample," Gos said rubbing her chin.

"I may have something," Webby said pulling out the mask she'd yanked off him last night.

"Aha! A feather!" Gos exclaimed after searching the mask.

"Now WANDA search for F.O.W.L archives," Gos said while inserting the feather.

"ARCHIVE FOUND."

Both Gos and Webby were in shock when Dewey's face popped up in the screen with all his personal information and current missions. He looked older but more than that he looked scarier, he looked changed.

"Gotta hand it to you Webby, this is something else," Gos said eyeing the screen.

"What's his next mission?" Webby asked impatiently.

"In the bay, cargo ship area tonight at 9pm," Gos said reading off from WANDA.

"You're not going after him, are you?" Gos asked worryingly.

"Don't tell anyone what we saw today Gos," Webby replied before jumping on her motorbike and driving off to the manor again.