Silence

"Rose?"
"Mhmm"
"Since you aren't seeing anyone, fancy meeting up again sometime soon" He smiled hopefully.

I don't know why but I heard a voice in the back of my head tell me no, but I knew Michael it just felt like something was holding me back. But I had nothin got lose and it was the last year at Hogwarts.

"Sure" I smiled
"How about tonight?"
"Someone's keen" I smirked, making Michael blush furiously "Tonight is great"
"Brilliant but well have to be back before curfew".

Where was the fun in that.

"Yeah sure" I muttered
"How about the astronomy tower?"
"Sounds great I'll meet you there about 4?" I asked, Michael simply nodded and made his way back up to the castle.

I watched Michael walk away barely believing what had happened, I'd only come out to do my charms homework, now I had a full on date somehow. I don't know whether I felt happy about that not not yet. The same nagging feeling kept running round my mind.

-
"Date?" Katherine gasped
"I think so I don't know everything went a bit to fast for my liking"
"I think it's cute!" Katherine beamed
"I guess" I shrugged
"He's hot as well, don't tell George I said that" Katherine smiled only making me laugh.
"He's really nice we got along well" I said
"So what's wrong?"
"Nothings wrong?"
"Tell your face that" Katherine smirked
"Everything is fine, plus your right he's hot" I smirked.

I looked at my appearance in the mirror before leaving, brushing my hair to the side as I admired the green pendant on full show over my black bodysuit. Once I added a few finishing touches to my outfit I headed out to the door before Katherine managed to say another word. I listened to my heeled boots click on stone floor as a few students would pass me every now and then. As soon as I reached the winding staircase of the astronomy tower I felt an odd sensation of deja vu come over me as I walked up, feeling like I'd been here a million times before. Of course I'd only been to the astronomy tower once when I got drunk at the end of third year, I had come here alone and watched the stars for hours. But coming up here alone that one time wasn't fun so I never came back, not that I could remember anyways.

I opened the door to the astronomy tower, it was gloomier then I remembered, no stars could be seen from the black smokey clouds. Michael sat up looking out towards the sky as I made my way over to him.

"Hey" I smiled
"You came" He beamed
"Why wouldn't I?" I laughed as I took a seat next to him.

"Hogwarts is so despondent these days" He said.
"Yeah, everything's changed" I frowned
"Will you fight if it comes to it?" Michael asked
"Of course, will you?"
"Honestly part of me just wants to run..."
"I get that, but Harry needs us all to fight he just won't admit it. Plus we have to protect the younger students"
"No one should have even come back to Hogwarts"
"I agree".

Silence

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I smiled
"I wanna know all about you"
"Merlin" I rolled my eyes playfully
"Come on, you sing don't you?"
"I used to" I laughed awkwardly
"Why'd you stop?".

Well that's an awkward question

"Everything that's going on right now it's not important" I lied
"Do you miss it?"
"Yeah, Yeah I do. But I miss the friends I made from it more"
"Don't you see them?"
"Well I was friends with a girl called Maddison, she owls me but she's staying with her parents in the muggle world"
"She has the right idea"
"I know" I laughed".

"How's Matt
"I haven't heard from him in ages, last I heard he was travelling" I weakly smiled.
"I remember how close him and Cedric were"
"Like bothers, was cute but not good when they ganged up on you" I laughed.

"What about you then?" I smiled
"What about me?" He laughed
"Tables have turned its your time to tell me something"
"What do you wanna know then Nicholls"
"Hobbies?" I questioned
"Quidditch, I'm the best beater Ravenclaw have seen in years" He beamed
"Very impressive" I teased
"I wanna go professional, if I can"
"I like your ambition" I smiled.

Sitting at the astronomy tower made my heart flutter, at first I had thought it had been because of Michael but as I sat looking up at the sky I wasn't sure. We talked for ages just like we had done on our walk but I felt so strange, like something or someone was missing.

Michael was good, kind, ambitious, smart. He was everything on paper I could want but it didn't make me feel euphoric...