The Last Day

This chapter contains themes some people may be triggered by

Rose's POV
-------
Another 2 weeks had dragged on at Hogwarts and nothing has changed. If anything the overwhelming feeling of sadness had only doubled, leaving my decision more clear than ever. The bags underneath my eyes remained, my ribs poked through my stomach due to the lack of food and my skin was sickly pale almost matching the embodiment of Cedric I have still been seeing. He was everywhere I turned now, it wasn't like before where he would appear every so often it was constant now making it impossible for me to escape. Whether it was in class, in the great hall, the common room, my dorm and even my own dreams, he was everywhere. I felt like I was being haunted and every time I saw him the letter Mr Diggory had sent me ran through my mind, I was left with the feeling of guilt...If I had just spoke up about the awful feeling I had about the tournament. Honestly, my mind had convinced me it was all my fault now, replaying the various scenarios of what could have happened. I had tried hurting myself to relieve some of the never ending torment but nothing worked. I had lost everyone, my parents didn't owl me anymore neither did Matt, all my friends were still avoiding me, I didn't sing anymore meaning I hadn't seen Karl or Maddison in forever. I'd even slept with Blaise...which has been yawing at me ever since.

I'd seen Blaise in the great hall a few days after the party.
"Rose can we talk"
"Yes I think that's a good idea"
"So the party was interesting..."
"Listen Blaise I'm sorry I was so drunk, we both were, can we just go back to being mates?"
"Yes absolutely, it was just a bit of fun, we are definitely better being mates and forgetting it happened"
"Yes exactly, thanks Blaise".

It was a little awkward but I could tell we both regretted it and he was right we were better of forgetting it ever happened. But Merlin I wish I could rewind time.

As for Draco, he hadn't even said two words to me at all. He was acting as if I didn't exist. But it's like he said it meant nothing, he wasn't exactly going to be my friend afterwards and it was better off this way.

As for Katherine and Hermione they still made a slight effort with me but I think my cold attitude wore them away the most, but again it's better this way.

I had been watching Draco for days now for reasons I would later need. I noticed he would go to the room of requirement at exactly the same time in the day now like clock work and he'd return roughly at the same time. Observing the pattern would allow me to know when I could sent Draco a letter at the right time when he wouldn't see it in time.

-
Katherine had gone out with Hermione, Harry and Ron which left me alone in my dorm room. I spent some time tidying up the room so it looked neat, the note to Draco written out already. Slipping one of Draco's black hoodies I still had I breathed in the smell of mint and cologne one last time before heading to the bathroom.

As I glared at myself in the mirror I noticed how sick I really looked, my skin wasn't even pale anymore. No it was grey. My eyes were bloodshot and red raw from crying far too much. My lips parted and cracked from biting down on them when ever I felt anxious, which was the majority of my life now. I sorted out the bathroom making sure everything was ready before I took in a heavy, heavy breath and walked over to my owl waiting for me at the window. I had written a simple note to the one person I wanted to talk to right right now. Quietly I watched as the snowy owl flew off into the blue sky with the sun setting gently in the background. The air was so nice on my skin and I soaked up that moment as it would be my last.

Part of me felt bad for leaving this way, for not giving anyone an explanation but I just didn't have any more energy left in me anymore. I couldn't live another day being haunted with the feeling of guilt, sadness, paranoia. Everything that had happened had just ripped me into shreds leaving nothing left. It started with getting assaulted by Crabbe, Cedric, Draco, My friends, The dark mark, The letter, My Parents, The Boggart. It was too much for one person to carry every single day, it felt as if I had stones tied down to my feet and no one was coming to unshackle me. Water filled up my lungs every single day making me feel like I was drowning, my mind wanting to be lost forever. I was completely alone with this hollow feeling in my chest. It had to be killed.

I walked back over to the now tidy and ready bathroom, I splashed my face with warm water, locked the door and took a seat on the cold floor. A letter for McGonagall would be sent to her in an hour so she was made aware, but it would be too late by then. Today was my last day. I looked up to see Cedric stood behind me in the reflection, his cold dead eyes firmly on me. I no longer flinched at the sight of him, this was now a normality.

"Do it" He whispered, the sound of his voice penetrating my skin and sending cold shivers up my spine. He had never spoke before, hearing his voice again made my blood run cold. The walked ever so slightly closer to me making my gaze stay on him through the reflection of the mirror.

"Do it Rose, you know you want to. Your alone, no friends, no Draco, no one".

"Do it Rose, we can be together if you do" He said.

And then all I saw was blood...

Draco's POV
-------
I had been working in the lonely room of requirement for two hours trying my best to get the cabinet finished. I had successfully managed to transport a green apple but living objects were still proving to be tricky. Snape had been making me give him updates every day about my progress on the cabinet, which only made the task seem that much harder. Something in me told me to head back to my dorm early, to completely ignore Snape's request. I had started work on the cabinet a few hours earlier than normal so I gave in and headed out. Normally, I would stick it out and work for another few hours but I had a gut feeling I should just head back to my dorm. So I did. I walked the lonely corridors all the way to the dungeons, watching at the portrait hole swung itself open. My legs carried me all the way up to my dorm room where there was a piece of parchment sitting on my bed, waiting for me. A sudden rush of fear ran through my body as I noticed the neat handwriting of Rose on top of the parchment. Taking in a shaky breath I picked up the parchment.

Draco
I am so sorry, please forgive me
I love you.
Yours, Rose.

Suddenly, I had an awful feeling in my gut. It almost made me throw up then and there. My heart sank and anxiety rushed all throughout my body. Without thinking twice I ran to Rose's dorm room. My legs felt like they would give way any moment but I didn't care, I had to get to her . Now. Images of how she had been looking these fast few weeks, the obvious cuts and marks on her arms flashed. Her behaviour I feared the absolute most, I wasn't sure what she would do to herself. The ideas that raced through my mind as I ran to Rose's room made my heart feel like it was bleeding, like I was about to break.

"Zabini!" I spat with urgency as I raced past him "Go find a teacher now and tell them to come to Rose's dorm IMMEDIATELY" I shouted and before I gave him a chance to answer I sprinted to the girls dorms.

I finally reached Rose's room and lunged myself at the door, forcing it open and almost blowing it off it's hinges. My eyes searched round the room to see no Rose. Her room was tidy, her bed made as if she was never even there. Without a moments hesitation I ran for the bathroom door and knocked on it loudly. I felt my stomach churn once I realised it was locked...

"ROSE!" I screamed as I felt hot tears pour from my eyes.

"ROSE!".

I had never been this scared in my entire life.

I walked a few paces backwards, running for the door and kicking it open. This time I actually did tear it away from its hinges.

That's when I saw it, the blood. Red blood all over the bathroom floor...