Chapter 37- The Presents

Chapter 37

"Can we please stay here tonight?" Shane asks from behind me, whining. "You can pretend that you're not feeling well and we can come back here,"

"Shane I already told your mother that we are staying there because she ended up convincing me that it was a bad idea to go there tonight until late, come back home and then go back there early in the morning," I turn and smile at him. "I know you really did not want to stay there tonight but it'll be okay, we'll have lots of fun,"

I pick up our bag with just our clothing in it. We had to find a box big enough to put all the presents in, including the ones to each other. "You know my bedroom is the only one that's in the basement," he winks as he picks up the box full of the gifts.

Shaking my head at his suggestion that is being hinted, "yeah, yeah, let's see if you can stay up late enough for that," I wave him off. "Can you put extra food and water in Liam's dishes?" I ask as he was about to leave our room.

"Yeah for sure," he smiles before he exits the room. I look around the room to make sure I put everything in the bag that we are bringing to his parent's house. Looking in the bathroom to see if I have all my makeup and our toothbrushes. Once my mental checklist is done I exit our room and go downstairs to see Shane scratching Liam's stomach as his little paws are relaxing above his head. "He loves this," Shane laughs as he continues to do it.

"I can see that," I giggle as the small cat meows several times as Shane pets him. "Did you fill his dishes?"

"No sorry I got distracted by him," I laugh at him as I go into the kitchen to find Liam's food. Scooping the regular amount twice and pouring it into the dish, I get a cup of water and pour it into the dish beside the food.

"Shane," I begin to stand back up from bending down, suddenly arms wrap around my waist and lift me off the ground spinning around.

"Yes," he says calmly from behind me as he continues to spin.

"Put me down, we're going to be late," I giggle as he puts me down not letting me go, his soft lips attacking my neck. "Shane!"

"Liam literally fell asleep as I pet him and you probably just woke him up with your scream," he laughs letting me go. I instantly spin around to look over the at the couch at see Liam still sprawled on his back asleep.

"He didn't wake up," I stick my tongue out at him as I put Liam's food away. "We're going to be late to your parent's house, I need to help your mom out," I look over at the clock and see that it's ten to three. We said we would be there at three. Oh great.

"Okay we should leave now," Shane agrees. As we make our way towards the door he stops before he slips on his shoes. "Are you sure we can't come home tonight?" He pouts.

Rolling my at him I grab his hand and drag him out the door.

____

"No don't worry I have everything under control," Belle smiles as she takes a seat at the table with everyone around it. Sending a glare at Shane who is seated quite close to me, as usual.

"I'm sorry we should have been here sooner," I decide to leave the details out about how Shane wouldn't get out of bed until late one o'clock because I'm pretty sure she is used to that.

"Honestly it's fine, I'll need help tomorrow though, I'm so glad you two are staying over," Belle rubs her hands together, her facial expression shows her excitement.

"It's going to be great," I smile widely as Shane's arm comes around the back of my chair resting lightly on my shoulders.

"We can all wake up tomorrow morning and open presents!" Chelsea and Marcus cheer at the fact tomorrow they can have the moment they have both been waiting for. Honestly, I just hope they like what we got them, same with Belle and Jared. But most of all I'm worried about Shane's gift I really hope he likes it. I just love him so much and it makes me nervous yet so secure at the same time. He makes me feel things that I've never felt before.