Chapter 17- The Dress

Chapter 17

Maybe I should have look at the list last night for their lunches. I can't find anything.

"Alex, could you butter my toast, please?" Marcus' voice comes from beside me as I try to find a bag for a sandwich.

"Of course," I stop looking for the bag and quickly apply butter.

"Need help?" A raspy voice says in my ear making me jump. Turning around to meet my boyfriend smirking, knowing he made me flustered, not even mentioning that he's only in pajama pants and a singlet. Both, Chelsea and Marcus begin to laugh.

"Yes please!" I smile, looking behind him to find the time. Their bus comes in ten minutes and they aren't even dressed!

"Eat up, you have to me ready for when the bus comes!" My voice is strained and I'm already tired. It's hasn't even been an hour.

"Babe, stop worrying so much, everything will be okay," Shane says grabbing a bag from the drawer I didn't check. He puts both sandwiches, in their lunch bags. He puts the rest of the stuff I had set out for their lunches in the bucket.

They finish off their breakfast before running upstairs to change.

Thank goodness they are such good kids, they do whatever is asked. It's great. I want my children to be like this.

One thing that I can't get off my mind is that dream. I believe that Shane would never do that, although it does scare me how my conscience thought about that. The dream was so real, it was frightening. As I rest against the counter top Shane noticed because he came he took slow strides toward me. He takes my face in his hands and places a short sweet kiss on my lips. "Settle down Sweet Cheeks, don't stress yourself,"

His sweet eyes gazing into mine, they begin to crinkle knowing he's smiling, I can't but break into a big grin also. "It's going to be a long, difficult week, but we're both still learning," he sounds as if we just had a child. Although we have two to take care of, they aren't babies. They aren't even ours. Thank goodness.

Getting on my tippy toes, his smile becomes even wider at how close we are. I can never get used to his embraces, or actions. We both are still getting to know each other, but I don't think I've been this close to someone, other than Shanelle, but she doesn't know secrets Shane knows. Although we both know there is more secrets between the both of us, I hope one day we can be free of them and live happily with nothing to pop out at either or us.

Our lips meet and move together at an odd pace. The both of us aren't sure if we should be doing this, Chelsea and Marcus could come down at anytime. It would probably scar them. Their brother pushing their Nanny against the counter kissing her, while his hands are around my hips. My thoughts are confirmed when I hear two 'ew's' from across the room. I try and pull away quickly, but Shane does slowly. He smirks down at me almost as if he knew I had that fear of his little siblings walking in on us.

"Shane why were you eating Alex's face?" Marcus asks concerned. Shane almost falls over in laughter. I stand here, frozen in place staring at the little boy who seems all too concerned. Hasn't he ever seen two people kiss? Maybe it's because he was pushing me against the counter? When I look at Chelsea looks at her little brother as if he's the stupidest person ever. Shane is still doubled over laughing.

"He wasn't eating her face, silly. He was kissing her," she explains to her confused brother, as if she knew eveeythig. As his face scrunches up still confused. That little girl is to smart for her age, and that little boy has a lot to learn.

It's finally Wednesday and Shane is driving us in my car. He forced me to let him drive and the kids said they like it better than his truck. I did laugh in his face for that, causing him to tickle me.