Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit

Chapter 36

Stirring the tortellini once more before placing the lid on the pot of boiling water again. I lean against the counter as I see my small kitten Liam round the corner.

Bending down to swipe him into my arm, he quickly cuddles into my shouldered purring loudly. "I'll get you so food while we're eating, how does that sound?"

"Alex, you really need to stop talking to the cat, he probably thinks your crazy," Shane explains while standing in the doorway of the kitchen shaking his head.

"He loves me," I set my tiny cat down, turning to pour the boiling water over the tortellini into the strainer.

"I love you," his words are whispered close to my ear, his hot breath fanning my skin from my neck to my shoulder. "And be careful Sweet Cheeks, that is super hot," he kisses below my ear before getting out bowls.

"I love you too," I turn to look at him, he's standing mere inches away from me holding out bowls waiting for his noodles to be placed for him. "So needy," I giggle, giving him the pasta.

After distributing the pasta we go to the couch and sit the usual way. My back leaning against the arm of the couch and my legs draped over Shane's lap, while he sits normally. His bowl resting on my lower thighs as he eats, I change the channel multiple times before deciding that nothing interesting was on so I give the remote to him.

"Do you just want to find a movie on Netflix?" He asked me, nodding as I take a noodle in my mouth. Over the past month things have been great. Tomorrow Jared is coming back to Toronto for the first time in a while. I was surprised when Shane asked me if I wanted to go over to his parent's house for a bit for dinner and to hang out. Apparently, him and his father have been talking more.

"Let's watch this," Shane shakes me from my thoughts as my eyes move from my bowl to the television screen. On the screen, I see that one of my favorite movies about to play. The Heat.

"Yes! I'm excited now," I giggle as I finish my pasta and place the dish on the coffee table. As the movie commences I can barely pay attention to it. I am finally finished my second last semester of university.

Another thing to be excited about is that Christmas is less than twelve days away. Looking over at Shane, his eyes trained on what is happening in the movie. "When are we going to put up a Christmas tree?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder.

"Tomorrow?" Shane suggests putting his bowl on top of mine, he places his arm around my shoulders resuming the same position.

"I work until seven,"

"Oh right, that stupid job I told you not to get," he chuckles, I got the job at Joey's and I have to say being a waitress is stressful, though I've made some awesome friends.

"Shut up," I giggle lightly hitting his chest, once my hand retracts from his chest his finger entwine with my own. "I think Chelsea and Marcus should come over and help too,"

"Really?" His over-exaggerated sigh makes me roll my eyes.

"Yes! Oh! And we have to go out and get a tree and decorations, because the things I used to use were Shanelle's," I explain. He just nods along and begins to laugh along with the movie. Melissa McCarthy is pouring nuts on this old man in a bar while telling him over and over that he is 'covered in nuts' and that he is ''having a bad dream.' That is probably one of my favorite parts of the movie.

"Okay," he looks over at me, eyes still sparkling from the laughing fit he just finished. "What time do you start work tomorrow then?"

"I start at eleven," I smile as Liam jumps up cuddles into my lap as Shane pets him.