Chapter 5

Ayeeeeee I'm back from depression land. Who wants some of the souvenirs?

Ok but seriously sorry for disappearing for another 5 months. I was really busy with school and well things happened and well now I'm here. I really tried to write this chapter over the few months but it really just didn't flow as smooth as previous chapters so sorry if it isn't as good. But hey, if we look on the bright side, because I took so long to write a chapter, I actually have a pretty good story line and cool ideas. So look forward for that I guess. Later.

"Goodbye Camp Half-Blood."

Slowly, Percy began climbing the hill leading to the entrance. He had climbed up this hill so many times in the past 6 years yet it had never been so hard to traverse as it was now. Percy was reluctant to leave.

All his memories were made here. The moment he stepped out, he would never be allowed back in. There was no turning back once he stepped out.

Even with all those thoughts and regrets, Percy couldn't stop walking. It was like something was pulling him out. Percy remembered what Chiron had said. 'Even now, the barrier is rejecting you.'

'Guess he was right.'

Percy finally made it to the top of the hill, the entrance of the camp. He was about to turn around and look back at the camp when he stopped himself. He knew if he looked back now he would be even more unwilling to leave.

So reluctantly he lifted one leg and moved it passed the barrier. Instantly, he felt intense pressure on the leg as if something had wrapped around his leg and was being pulled tightly. Out of reflex, Percy tried to pull the leg back in but, it wouldn't budge.

"Guess I really won't be allowed back in." He lifted the other leg. "Once this goes over that's it. No turning back."

He took a deep breath and took the final step. Intense pressure was put onto his body, it felt like he was stepping in jello the jello was tightly squeezing him. Quickly, Percy continued through until he was on the other side of the barrier.

Finally, now that he was on the other side, he allowed himself to turn around and look back. He felt his whole life flash before him. He saw himself as if in third person run around the camp. It was as if he was watching a timelapse of him from the ages twelve to eighteen. He was able to see himself with the campers at the camp fire having fun and laughing. He was able to see him training and sparing in the arena. He was enjoying life. That was him before. Back then.

Percy couldn't help but press his hand against the barrier, wanting everything back but as soon as he touched it, his vision shattered and he returned from the trance.

He quickly turned around, wanting to forget everything, and started on his way back home to his family.

***

"Shit! Why doesn't anything go the way I want it to." Percy was huddled in the corner of an abandoned building grasping his sword stained with blood. Somewhere in the building, they were searching for him.

"I'm not even a demigod anymore. Why are monsters still after me."

After Percy left the camp, he tried his best to head to his mom's house. Everything was going smoothly until he suddenly got attacked by hellhounds which he managed to defeat after thirty minutes and many wounds. A few hours after that, harpies attacked him. He only managed to escape them after killing four out of the twelve total harpies. Now back to the present, some cyclops and the remaining eight harpies were after him. What made it even worse was that Percy was weaker than ever. He didn't have the strength or ability to fight off the monsters.