Chapter 6

(Hey guys, so I'm back from being dead and actually wrote the chapter while dead. Being dead actually gives you a lot of time to think about the storyline and stuff. The only downside to it is that things sound sooooo much better in my head. I'm so bad at writing. Nothing flows smoothly and I can't get what I want to say without it sounding weird. But anyways I got the chapter done. Also this surpassed my first ff in favorites! And it doesnt even have more reads. Is this an achievement? Probably not considering how bad my first one is but still. Also thanks for 50 followers.)

When the light finally dimmed, Percy opened his eyes. He found himself on a marble platform in the middle of a city square. He quickly glanced around his surroundings and was surprised with the beauty of the city.

Never in his life could he imagine a city so majestic and mesmerizing that he would be dumbfounded.

The architecture of the city was so grand that it could compete with Olympus. If Annabeth or Athena was here, they would be all over the place, exploring every nook and cranny to this place.

He couldn't even begin to describe what he was currently seeing. Percy was sure that if somebody were to write this scene in a story, it would be impossible. They would fail to embody even one percent of the actually elegance and grace of the city.

The city would be best described as fantasy Venice. Water was incorporated everywhere. There was water canals leading around the city, small water streams separating locations with bridges connecting the two, and rich allure everywhere. It was breathtaking.

He quickly took a look inside the many buildings surrounding him and found that there were restaurants, shops, and gyms inside.

Percy also spotted a clock tower. It said it was 11:45. There wasn't a way to know if it was AM or PM but judging by the clear blue sky, he would say it was AM.

Back to the ground, he saw people who were, strangely enough, dressed in modern clothing. He saw a group hanging out inside the cafe, he saw couples out on dates, he even saw a small family of three entering a restaurant. One word came to mind as he watched the scene. Peaceful.

Everywhere he looked was so calm. It sent warmth through him and made him smile.

'Now that I'm here, what am I going to do with my life?' He didn't really have a plan or any goals this time neither did he have any friends here. He had come here with the promise that this placed offered something that nowhere else had but he wasn't really seeing it. He stood thinking.

"Wow, you're late." A voice brought him out of his trance. He head turned towards the direction of the voice and found a young beautiful lady standing there with a mask. Percy was surprised by her beauty even with a mask. She had dark green hair that was in a feather braid. She was wearing a simple black tshirt that complimented her hair and blue jeans Surprisingly there was a dagger strapped on her waist.

Seeing as Percy did respond, she asked "You just got here right?" Percy nodded his head in reply to the women.

"You have to get going then, you're almost late for the tournament. I don't know who brought you here but they should've brought you here sooner." Percy didn't understand a single word she was saying.

"What is the tournament?" Percy asked, not following anything she was saying.

"Seriously? Your guide didn't tell you?" Not waiting for a response, she continued on with her explanation. "The tournament is where your rank in the army will be determined. Once you get your rank, you're stuck with it untill you can rank up. You are also stuck in the army until your ten year term is over. Once you finish your ten years, you can retire."