Chapter 7

"Start!"

Percy rushed the man and quickly dodged the thrust of the spear. Percy quickly picked himself from the ground and slashed his sword downwards but its was easily blocked with the swept of the spear.

The man quickly back away and stabbed forward with his spear impaling Percy in his left shoulder.

"Arggg." Percy groaned in pain as he held his shoulder with his hand.

Percy backed away, ripping a piece of his short and wrapping it around the wound.

Before he got anymore time, another thrust from the spear came at him.

Percy dodged to the side and slash man's arm and then rolled away from another thrust.

Percy quickly got up and sliced the man's torso. The man quickly recovered and blocked all of Percy's incoming attacks and kicked Percy in the shin when there was an opening.

Percy fell to the ground clutching his leg in pain. The man quickly kicked the sword away from his grip as he knew that he would win if Percy was empty handed.

Percy tried to get up as swiftly as possible but was met with a kick to the face. Percy flung back now facing up. Luckily the mask on his face blocked some of the damage.

The man easily walked up to Percy's body and stomped his boot directly on Percy stomach knocking the air out of  him.

"Crap." The pressure from his foot made it difficult to breathe as he tried his best to lift the foot to no avail.

He scratched at the man's leg but the his leggings protected him. His boot didn't budge an inch.

Percy's vision began to waver as he laid there helplessly. There wasn't anything he could do. All strength in his body left him and his vision didn't become any better. Even if he did free himself from under the boot, his sword wasn't in hand. All it would take is a quick stab in the back.

Percy gave up and his vision dimmed and he fainted.

***

Perseus. Do you seek power?

"Of course I want power."

I can grant you immense power. Power never seen before. Power to defeat your enemies.

"Give me it."

I will grant it to you..... For a cost.

"I don't care. Just give it to me."

Why so hasty? Well no matter. Its better for me.

***

"Contestant 169 has fainted! If he does not awaken in five seconds, he will be disqualified and Contestant 170 will be the victor." The announcer spoke as the audience started counting down.

"FIVE!"

Sadie watched Percy lay there, unmoving. It would be a lie if she said she wasn't rooting for Percy but with him lying there all hope was lost.

"FOUR!"

Anvil sat in the crowd disappointed. He expected more from the guy who found a treasure in the armory. It left a bad taste in his mouth as he stared at the body.