~ Chapter 6 ~

Lexa's POV

„Let's have this over with," Clarke sighed and took a long sip of her iced coffee, clearly avoiding an eye contact.

Why did I even proposed the meeting?

Because the final grade of biology is really important and without Clarke you won't get it.

"I'm not so sure if it's gonna be that easy," I shook my head for no and smirked just a bit viciously, but she was still looking at what was behind the window. I clenched my fists, feeling the anger rushing to me. The nails slightly bit into my palms. For the first time Clarke stared at me for more then ten seconds. "We're gonna spend a lot time if we want to do this project."

I saw playful smirk playing in the corner of her mouth, before she took another sip and shot me a vicious look, probably as an answer for my smirk.

I waited for her to understand how serious my intensions were.

"Oh wait." She finally got it. "You're serious." It was more likely an affirmative than a question. I just nodded. "Well, honestly, I thought it'd be like I'm working and you're just getting a grade." Clarke shrugged. She took the last sip of her coffee and stared at the empty glass. I knew it was the only thing that was keeping this conversation at least a bit less awkward for her. If my instinct was right she was just about to... "I'm sorry," she took the attention of the waiter and handed him the empty glass. "Could I ask for another one?"

The waiter just smiled to her and nodded, then walked somewhere.

She sighed and looked at me again.

"I want to help you with that. Actually, I want to do it together."

She spat out and my fingers bit into my palms even more.

Why has she needed to be so annoying? Annoying people were the worst for me. It was always the hardest to stop myself next to them.

"I'm serious, Klork. I don't want to just use you."

She seemed surprised of it. My reputation, I guessed.

"Alright." She finally nodded, defeated. My fists released under the table and I felt a few drops on my hands. I just took a tissue in a way that Clarke wouldn't notice and just whipped them out. "So, how are we going to do that?"

I thought for a moment, but she kept talking.

"I mean, 70 percent... that's a lot." She was eavesdropping. Normally, I would be really pissed, but I couldn't let myself for such a luxury with Clarke. I had to stay calm - which honestly wasn't easy. I just nodded. "The project has to be about a whole topic. I think we could like meet two or three times for a week at someone's house and just do it." The waiter gave her another coffee and she took a sip. "What do you think?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Not bad idea."

"Great." Clarke nodded too. Another sip. A heavy silence for a moment. "Do you have some ideas?"

I smiled slightly. The silence was awkward even for me.

"Maybe topic three or five."

I took out the book from my bag and showed her those topics. She studied them for a few minutes.

"Hmm..." She narrowed her furrows and hold her chin in her hand. "I think I'd choose the same. But I think I prefer the third one." She looked up from the book.

I just nodded again. "Sure."

She took the last sip of her coffee, but this time she didn't order another one. She just smiled to me nicely.

"Great. First meeting at mine, Monday after lessons?" She suddenly stood up, so I did the same. She left some money, paying two coffees. As I didn't answer, she frowned and looked at me questioningly.

"Um... yeah. Sure. I'll be there." I nodded. That was so awkward, what the hell Lexa? "Should we exchange numbers or..." She reached out her hand to me, so I handed her my phone, as I assumed she wanted to write it down. She typed for a few seconds, then handed it back to me.

"Text me," she said and walked out of the café.

I looked down on my phone. Clarke Griffin. I felt smirk on my face, so I speedily turned it into some twist, just in case someone from school could recognize me.

***

"Lex!" Anya's voice radiated from kitchen. I walked there. She was cooking. "Where were you?" She smiled to me, looking up from the pan.

I sighed and sat at the counter. "I was with Clarke Griffin at Trikru." I nodded, slightly smiling.

Her left brow raised higher and she put down the pan, looking at me curiously.

"Some new girl?" She smiled to me.

My mum was one of a few people who knew about Costia. She knew about her from the very early beginning. I remember telling her like it was yesterday... Yeah, telling her. Let's say that's what happened.

"So, Costia, nice to meet you," Anya shook Costia's hand as I just stood next to them awkwardly. "You know Lexa for a long time?"

Costia smiled at me, nicely, and I smiled too.

"Yeah. We—we've got a few classes together," she nodded. I saw a bit of panic in her eyes.

"We're assigned to a project together," I added.

"Yes. For a chemistry."

Anya just smiled. "Okay. Then go and do it."

We both nodded and I led us to my room upstairs. I opened the door and showed her to go first. I bowed slightly and she nudged me, laughing. She got inside, tho. I closed the door behind us and watched as she turned around my room, looking at the interior.

"It's nice here," she said, quietly and sat at my bed.

"It is," I nodded and smiled.

With the book I sat next to her. I handed her it, and as she was taking it from me her fingers brushed my hand slightly. It was like an electric shock. Surprised I looked at her and saw that she felt it too.

I felt my palms getting wet from the sweat. My heart was beating so fast, that I was thinking if she could hear it. Her beautiful hazel eyes were looking into mine with such a sensitivity. I stared from her eyes to her cheeks with a perfect amount of cute freckles to finally land on her small, pink lips. They were glowing slightly from the lipstick.

I saw her head slowly getting closer and the next thing I knew was that we were kissing.

My hands got into her fresh, soft hairs, my fingers on their own playing in them. Her hands landed on my face, gently rubbing my skin. I pulled her a bit closer and...

"Hey, girls, I was wondering if the dinner..." Anya said, but then stopped. We both jumped out and stared at her embarrassed and surprised. "I... I... I... I think I'll... just... I'll go." She was so surprised that she couldn't mumble a word. Eventually, she backed from the room and closed the door behind her.

I looked at Costia. She was blushing ashamed as well. We stared at each other for a few seconds and then burst out laughing.

"Nah. We've just got a project together," I shrugged and she came back to the pan. Though, she didn't leave the topic.

"It's not the first 'project'." On the word 'project' she do a bunny sign (idk how it's called) with her fingers.

"Oh my gosh, Anya. With Costia it was a project too," I jumped off of the counter and nudged her.

She chuckled. "For sure." She nodded in a pretended agreement. "Just an excuse to make out with her."

"It was our first kiss!"

She laughed even louder. "I know, honey. I know." She pulled me in with an arm to a half hug.

"I love you," I mumbled, hidden under her arm.

She grinned, happily. "I love you, too." And she pecked the top of my head.