Chapter 10 ❁ Wings

Song of the chapter: Into you- Ariana Grande 

My Spotify is liza77458 if you'd like to look at my playlist called DANCE PARTY IN THE SLYTHERIN DORMITORIES. It has more songs for this chapter!

Draco met me at the bottom of the staircase. His eyes hadn't left me the whole time he'd closed the distance between us.

"Angel," he murmured in my ear.

I pulled my face further away from his and gave him a sly smile. He grabbed my waist and pulled me back into him.

"Draco- do you want something?" I teased. He smiled and ran his fingers over my jawline and I arched my neck backwards.

I moved out of his grasp and walked into the crowd of people. He was watching me. I knew that. A Slytherin boy I didn't know grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to dance with him. I was flustered but kept dancing in the flashing lights. Suddenly Draco was there. His hand on my waist, his body against mine and his face close enough for me to kiss.

I moved again, teasing him but this time he didn't follow. He stood in the crowd and watched me, the beginning of a smile on his face.

Millicent found me and pulled me over to where Daphne was making out with Blaise.

"Uh-," I started. Millicent giggled and grabbed my hand. We danced together for a while but my legs became sore and I wanted food.

I grabbed a bottle of butterbeer and sat down in an armchair with Millicent.

"Did Nott ask you to dance yet?" I asked.

"He's not even here. The prick," she muttered. I smiled pitifully at her but she brushed it away.

"It's fine. Draco's staring at you again," she told me.

I turned and met his eyes across the room. He put the cup of firewhiskey to his lips and took a sip but never took his eyes off of mine. I was swarmed by butterflies and turned back to Millicent.

I pressed a finger to my stomach and tried to calm myself down.

"You okay?" Millicent asked.

"Mm-hmm," I muttered. 

"He seems to have taken quite a liking to you. I bet Pansy is angry," she said, prolonging the Y in angry.

"Oh hush. They were 'bred' to be together as she once told me. They'll end up with each other eventually."

"Well do you like him as well?" she asked, disregarding my last notion.

My stomach made tiny flipping movements. "There's no doubt that he's absolutely, astonishingly, heartbreakingly cute but he and I will never be more than friends."

"That wasn't a straight answer to my question Eve!"

"Yes. Yes I suppose I do like him. But he can't find out!

I walked back over to the food table and poured myself a cup of firewhiskey leaving my butterbeer forgotten on the table. I chugged the whole thing and focused on the burn it sent through my stomach. I filled my cup again and watched as the world became more beautiful. I wanted to dance but couldn't seem to find my footing.

The music pounded in my ears and the strobing lights looked like moonbeams on the walls.

I stumbled into someone and apologized before realizing it was Draco.

"How many drinks have you had Angel?" he laughed.

I just shook my head and didn't answer.

He leaned closer to me and put his mouth right at my ear.