Chapter 1: How It All Started

Hey everyone :) This is my first werewolf story and I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me what you think.

Thanks

~Stephanie

Chapter 1: How It all Started

"Honey, it's time to get ready for school," my mom said as she opened my bedroom door.

"Five more minutes... please," I mumbled as I rolled over.

"Emily it's your first day of high school, and I will not have you being late!" she said I a stern voice.

I looked over at her. Her long wavy brown hair framed her perfect heart shaped face. Her crystal blue eyes shone brightly. I had gotten my hair, eyes and face from her but I had my dad's body. He was 6' 5" and was strongest wolf in this pack, which is why he was the beta of the Moon Shire Pack. I was 5' 6" and had a slim but muscular build.

"Fine..." I sighed and got out of bed, I slowly trudged over to my closet.

Hummm, what should I wear?

I rummaged through my clothes and decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, and a blue plaid top, my favorite denim jacket and a pair of ocean blue Pop Tart Sweet Crime Pastry shoes. I walked into the bathroom and quickly got ready, applying my mascara and the brushing my hair. I was excited for some weird reason.

"EMILY RAE MASSINGALE YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES 'TIL THE BUS GETS HERE, SO HURRY UP!" my father yelled and I huffed at him, taking one more look in the mirror, and then ran down stairs and out the door.

When I got to the school I walked into the office and asked for my schedule, a short woman with brown hair and pink glasses looked at me then and smiled. "Nice to see you again, Miss Massingale."

I hated how all the adults treated me differently because my dad was the beta; they called me by my last name, which drove me nuts.

"Could you please call me Emily? I hate being addressed by my last name," I said, she nodded and then handed me my schedule.

"You're first class is down the hall, the last door on your right, have a great day Miss... I mean Emily," she quickly corrected herself.

"Thanks and you too," I replied them walked out.

People where heading to their lockers. I looked at the stuff she gave me, and headed off to find my locker. When I got there, I realized where it was and groaned. It happened to be all so inconveniently behind a girl who was making out with this guy.

Great!

I clear my throat and they quickly pulled away. She looked at me, her eyes full of hate.

"What do you want slut?" she sneered at me.

"Umm, I need to get to my locker, and you're leaning against it, so could you please move?" I asked as sweetly as I could. I really didn't need to make an enemy on my first day of high school.

"Let me tell you something, I don't do anything for new girls, and especially not ugly ones like you!" she said in a menacing voice.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to make you mad. I just wanted to get my books..." I said quietly.

"What did you say, I couldn't hear you?" she asked.

"I said I was sorry and that I didn't mean to make you mad..." I responded.

"Hey, everyone look at this! This pathetic thing they call a beta's daughter is saying sorry!" she yelled making everyone look at me. She started laughing and everyone joined in. Well, except for the boy she was making out with earlier. He looked sorry for me, like it was just the beginning.

"Let me tell you something slut, you just signed your own stupidity certificate. Oh, and welcome to your new hell," she whispered into my ear as she walked away.

I sank down to the floor and cried after everyone left to go to class.

What just happened? Why does she hate me? Why did everyone laugh at-

My thoughts were interrupted when someone wrapped their arms around me. I struggled to get away only to have them grip me harder.

"Emily, shh, it's just me. What happened?" I heard Damien say softly. I relaxed a little. Damien had been my best friend since birth; he always looked after and protected me.

"I-I'm n-n-not sure... But I think they all hate me," I hiccupped.

That is where all this started, all of the bullying and all of hate towards me.

3 Years Later

 I looked at the clock. It read 11:37pm.

Weird. Why aren't they back yet?

There was a knock at the door. I ran over to it and quickly opened it.

"About time! What took yo-" I stopped mid sentence. There were two male police officers with grim looks on their face. I suddenly felt a sense of dread.

"Umm is something wrong?" I asked.

"We have something to tell you Miss Massingale, and I think you might want to sit down to hear it," the tall one said.

"Could you please just tell me why you're here?" I pleaded.

"Are you sure you don-"

"Yes I am sure," I quickly answered and then he looked at the other police officer as if looking for reinsurance. He nodded his head.

"Miss Massingale, your parents were just killed in a car accident, the semi driver was drunk and hit them head on, they died instantly.

I felt like I had been hit by a train. The air left my lungs, my eyes blurred as tears filled them. My legs started to give out. The last thing I remember was screaming "NO!", then the police officers running to my side, and hitting something hard.

Hey Everyone I was crying as I wrote this last part so sorry if it sucks... Please comment, vote or fan.

Thank you,

~Stephanie Hilkey

P.S. Sorry this is so short... And I would like to thank my new editor MonsterHy!!!