Chapter 7 Part 2: Who's That Wolf

Chapter 7 Part 2: Who's That Wolf?

Damien's POV.

It wasn't long after we started the meeting when I heard what sounded like two sports cars pull up. I notice Xavier stiffen and Cole looked worried.

"What did you do with Emily's body?! We know you were there!" Dustin asked for, like, the twentieth time, anger rising.

"Like I said earlier, we never saw a body there," Xavier said calmly.

I suddenly smelt lavender, pine, and warm vanilla, and heard rapid foot steps coming down the hallway. The smell got stronger. I remembered Emily smelt like lavender. Dustin must have smelt it too, because he looked like he was going to lunge off the couch and out the door. I placed my hand on his chest, letting him know not to move. He obeyed, but I could tell he was struggling to.

I heard the sound of something sliding against the marble floor, then there was this large band against the wall. The overpowering smell of anger and worry filled my noise. I heard the sound of clothes ripping and bones popping, followed by a menacing growl. Whoever this wolf is, it was mad.

"Em, please stop . . . You're not think straight! Just calm down!" a male voice demanded.

Then there was a slapping noise, and another thud against the wall, and I heard a yelp.

Em! You're hurt! Please! Stop and think this through!" the male voice said and I saw Xavier's face contort and Cole jumped out of the chair.

There was the sound of glass shattering. Cole started for the door, Xavier right behind him.

"EMILY! PLEASE! You're bleeding! Just stop! You have to move one! Let what all happened go!" the male yelled disparity in his voice.

Dustin lunged out of the chair and I had to tackle him. I heard the wolf groaning as it got up and the clicking of claws on the floor as if it was trying to keep its balance. I saw Cole and Xavier burst through the door and a deep growl came from Xavier. There was a moment of silence, before a large thud, and Cole ran in the direction it came from.

Dustin managed to push me off, but I grabbed him in the hallway as we watched what was happening. There was a large white female wolf being pinned to the ground. She was fighting for all she was worth, and it took both Cole and the other guy to hold her down. Blood was pouring from two larges gashes on the top of her head.

"WHAT DID YOU DO RINO?! She's bleeding from her head; it looks like she hurt her right back leg bad! NO EMILY! Stay DOWN!" Cole yelled angrily and Dustin tried to escape my grip upon hearing the wolf's name.

Xavier knelt down placing his hand on the wolf's neck where a mark would be.

But he was rejected... right?

The wolf lifted her head and its blue eyes looked into Xavier's. The wolf stopped struggling. Then Cole reached out and ran his hand against her back right leg. She yelped and then started whimpering.

"It's not broken. Sorry Emily, I had to make sure it's not broken," Cole said.

I was so confused by what was going on. Who was this female wolf named Emily? Why did Xavier act like she was his mate?

"LET ME GO DAMMIT! Can't you see it's Emily and she's hurt?!" Dustin yelled and I let go of him when he said Emily's name.

He ran over to the wolf's side, crying and whispering something I couldn't hear.

This wolf looked to strong to be Emily since two days ago she was deathly thin, when I last saw her, and her wolf was dying.

"Get her to her room, Cole, before she shifts back and Rino guard the door. No one is aloud in but Cole and me!" Xavier demanded.

When Cole picked her up, he cradled her carefully against his chest; the wolf's eyelids were drooping. As they came towards me I reached out to touch her, but Rino stepped in front of my hand and Cole let out a threatening growl. I looked into the wolf's eyes and I felt like I was looking at Emily when she was back in the hospital, but they closed and her body went completely limp before I could really look into their blue depths.

As I watched them go, I heard Xavier say something I couldn't make out to Dustin. I turned around to see Dustin nod his head and then walk into the meeting room.

"Who is that Emily wolf?!" I demanded.

"Her name is Emily Stargazer, and she's Cole's mate," he responded, almost flinching when he said she was Cole's mate.

I knew right away he was lying, but why would he lie about whose mate it was? I realized he was wearing a sweatshirt even though it was like 70 degrees outside, with the sleeves down, like he was hiding something. But what?

We continued our meeting for about 3 minutes, but then I decided we were going nowhere. I did notice that Dustin was unusually quite. As we walked out to my car Dustin stopped and told me that I would be leaving by myself.

"Why aren't you coming?" I asked.

"That wolf told Beta Cole, she wanted to talk to me. So I am going to stay and wait for her to wake up. I have to see if it's Emily or not. I will leave by midnight if she doesn't wake up," he said.

I gave him a strange look, but this was our only chance to find out who this Emily wolf is.

"Okay, keep me updated, and if it is Emily, force her to come back. I don't care what it takes. If you have to drug her, then do it, just make sure she comes back!" I said before I even realized it.

He nodded his head and then turned walking back into the house.