EIGHTEEN

Oh, Lord forgive my weary hands,
And for what they may do,
I'll carry out her evil plans,
If she wants me to.

***

The music which was booming loudly was not louder than the blood rushing through my veins, pumping in my ears. Things were getting hazy and so confusing but still I tried my best to snap out of whatever this is. Richtofen was busy gathering supplies to patch Hans up, the poor guy was barely holding together, even through all of this, he smiled weakly at me... I smiled back, my heart fluttering erratically. The wind was chilly and the dampness of our cloths sent shivers, my clothes were equally blotched and putrid, the converse as black as tar. The Russians who gave us this safe haven to live in, were a fresh breath of air after a long time. To see living humans, smiling, laughing people offering us food and what not.

I felt like an Alien. And wanted to disappear and dance at the same time. The moment the inmates laid their eyes on us, whispers filled the room and suddenly the music wasn't the most important thing ever for them.

Hell, the Doc had a half alive man hanging from his self and I definitely looked like witches and swamp monster symbiote. We definitely smelled, the lady beside me tried to hide a gag and I saw it.

I took a sniff from myself and nearly barfed.

We were soon showed our tiny room and the Doc was met by a couple, they seemed a little older than the Doctor himself and wore casual clothes, at this point I'd even envy a clown's getup.

This hideout was definitely of the future and wasn't of a future that was plagued by the undead, it was too comforting actually. The cells frightened me the most but I later learnt that it was safe house for ex criminals, I have no knowledge how the Doctor found this place, AND in this time.

Should I be worried?

Who cares, I just want to sleep and never wake up.

The Doctor, the things he's capable of, was truly out of my mind. Come to think of it, I looked up to him; he seemed rattled but...
Calm...

And experienced...

"Doctor." I crossed my hands over my chest, completely sober and alive. He placed Hans over a plush bed in the quarters, almost hitting his tall frame on the arch of the bed, the small room had two double decker beds on either sides with a window facing outside, from the grilled window, one could easily marvel both fresh air and the city life, dynamic and pulsating. It was a blessing and keeping it open seemed like marvellous idea.

"Is he gonna be fine? Doc?" I asked again, my eyes falling over Hans frail body, his slightly opened eyes never leaving me, it attracted me to scoot over to him and take his clammy hands, Richtofen looked away.

"Hey buddy," I cooed, my voice almost a crackle but trying the best to be soothing and warm, his hands were so cold but a warm and faint boldness was there as he clasped my palms with his best strength, I placed my other hand on his bandages and he clasped my palm tighter. Richtofen sat on the other bed, observing like a hawk.

I slowly drew lazy circles on his bandaged chest and Hans exhaled a pained one. His chest shuddered ever so loosely with every breath and I say sweet nothings to comfort him.

"What are you doing?" Chirped the Doctor, it startled both of us, I looked at Hans who seemed just as surprised,  and then glared at the Doc who had the most strangest of expressions on him, unreadable too. I stared at him coldly,
"No one deserves this." I said and held Han's good hand with both of my hands,