19. Attention

𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
ʲⁱᵐⁱⁿˢˢⁱ
・-・-・

"..What are you doing seriously?
...That, that Iʼm curious.." beeping sound comes after the voice message ended. You withdraw your phone from your ear then finally read Jiminʼs texts for you- more like his spam texts.

As you open the fridge and grab a cold drink, you tried typing a reply to him with other hand.

Currently you are in 10 minutes break from project discussion. While your partner was resting in the living room, you went to the kitchen to grab drinks for both of you. Not to forget, to steal time to look at your phone.

You and your partner target on getting the project done at least by 50% for today. And it was your partnerʼs idea to turn off your phones so you could focus entirely on the project. At first you agreed, but now you were unsure.

Listening to Jiminʼs voice message, he sounds worry rather than curious. Worry, what his girlfriend was doing with her guy partner, alone at her home. Not wanting him to get the wrong idea, you quickly send a reply.

To Jimin <3:
Iʼm sorry chim, I didnʼt notice your texts earlier. We were too focused on our work, that we have remaining 20% left for today!

Please wait a little more baby, Iʼll call you when Iʼm done 😘

Right after you hit send button, your doorbell rings.

"Huh? Did you order food?" a male voice asked from the living room.

"No! But itʼs okay I'll get the door!" you hurry to the entrance before your project partner does because you think... you knew who is here.

Before opening the door, you turned to a long mirror that was placed near the shoe rack. It was put there by your sister, for the 'last look check' purpose before going out. At first you find it unnecessary, but now you feel grateful to be able to fix your messy bun.

Taking a breath in, you wanted to be ready to welcome your boyfriend. Breathing out, you reach to press the security pin then pull the door, revealing Park Jimin waiting on the other side.

Itʼs winter and seeing him wearing a white hoodie and an oversized padded jacket over it, Jimin looks super huggable. Plus him wearing a beanie and muffler, hinting you it is a very cold day today. So immediately, you invite him in.

"Itʼs cold, why are you here?" you knew why he was here, yet you canʼt help but to nag. "I told you I have discussion." you added.

Jimin listens while smiling as he takes off his shoes and muffler, then he hung the muffler over your neck before gently pulling you to him for a greeting kiss.

"Iʼm sorry, I forgot." Jimin says innocently. And while you were in dazed from his surprised kiss, Jimin glances behind to see your project partner peeking from behind a wall.

How could Jimin forget you have discussion today? No he didnʼt. In fact, he couldnʼt forget. You and your guy partner being alone in the house was the reason he became restless.

Itʼs not that he didnʼt trust you. Itʼs that guy he didnʼt trust to behave. Moreover, Jimin had heard that guy has a crush on his girlfriend.

"Thatʼs your project partner?" Jimin asks, chin nodding to his direction. The guy quickly came out from his hiding, acting like he has just gotten there to see who came.

You turn around then back to Jimin. "Yes. He is Jeon Jungkook. My classmate in English class."

Jimin nods his head as he begins to walk along you, approaching Jungkook. It ticks Jimin when he noticed Jungkook is taller than him and is in better physique. Yet, he canʼt get angry because Jungkook is rather confuse than getting smug.