- - ✉️ - -

Heer could never shop in the cool and perfect indifference of a supermarket. Every Saturday morning, back at her home in Nainital, she would drink in the colours, the aromas and the atmosphere like an elixir. She would thrive on interacting with the stall holders, each one almost a caricature of bubbly friendliness. They knew her by name and often had kept something back from the stall that they knew she would buy, and she always did. Heer would weave through the crowds, edging through the dense flow of people with her bags getting more full by the minute. There was no irritating music, just a busker with a guitar. This to her was life, real life, not the sanitized pre-packed convenience world of individual yoghurts and personal cheeses.

Heer felt the same aroma hitting her nostrils whenever she visited the Rawat Bakery. They all, Aarushi, Inaya, Darshan, Arjun, Armaan and Heer herself had gathered at the bakery to have a little celebration on the account of Heer and Arjun clearing the first round of the ' IC web design '.

" Aaj ki party meri taraf se." Darshan said picking up a freshly baked naan-khatai from plate that was served a few seconds ago.

" Accha toh paise bhi tu hi de. " Aarushi gave him a look to which Darshan made a puppy face.

The aromatic fragrance of the shortbread cookies, overpowered every other scent that lingered in the room. Its delectable aroma pervaded the air- a melange of honey dew, orange preserves and dabs of crackling nuts.
Taking the first bite, Inaya felt a delightful flavor flooding in her mouth. Darshan's senses basked in its luscious taste. There was a friable crunch, tangs of zest, pangs of acidity, all to coalesce to form a truly delicious dish- naan khatai that Armaan had never tasted before. Almost everyone felt the pleasure on their tastebuds except Heer.

" Heer, tu kha kyu nahi Rahi?" Aarushi asked.

" Nothing... It's just that my stomach is already full." She gave a sheepish grin.

" Oh my god! Heer is refusing her love, naan khatai!" Inaya exclaimed.

Heer replied her with a fake smile.

" Heer what's the matter? You okay ?" Darshan asked concerned.

" Yah, I'm fine. You guys carry on." Saying this she excused herself and went to the restroom. The naan khatai did look very tempting so much that she wanted to grab one. But she couldn't. She had sworn to God that she wouldn't have her favourite sweet for the next one month. And the reason, she couldn't tell to anyone.

- - ✉️ - -

Inaya took out her I phone, clicked the contact list and dialled the number. She waited for a while, listening to the ringing sound.

" Namaste Aunty. How are you ?" She greeted the lady on the other side.
" Actually I needed a favour."

After talking for almost fifteen minutes of talking over the phone she finally hung the call and put back the phone inside her pocket. The mischievous smile never leaving her lips.

" What now?"  Armaan asked her.

" We need sleeping pills."

- - ✉️ - -

Hey guys!
First of all thank you so much for showering so much love to the previous chapter. Trust me each and every comment, review was overwhelming.
And secondly I know I was supposed to post this chapter on Sunday but unfortunately I realised that I hadn't saved the drafts and ended up rewriting the hold thing again, which took a little longer as expected.
Thirdly, hope you all like this chapter. Once again thank you so much for reading.

Spread love !