08 | ᴢᴀʏᴅ

"You joining us today, Aaraiz? Where are you, man?"

"On my way."

"Who am I competing today, though?" I add whilst walking through the dark alleys. River walks next to me, his pace as fast as mine. River's height is the same as mine, we both stand at 6'2". That's the only similarity we have.

"Headhunter." I halt when I hear Jake, my heart starts beating faster. In excitement. River stops when he realizes I'm not walking. He turns around and raises one of his eyebrows. I resume my walk, my pace even faster.

"Aaraiz? Man, you okay? If you don't want-"

"I'm almost there Jake, and I'm fucking ecstatic," I smirk and hang up. Finally, something that'll take my mind off things that don't deserve my time. I'm about to lock my screen and slip my phone into my pocket but my eyes fall on the photo of her that I had clicked. Like I said, things that don't deserve my time.

"Where were you, Zayd? Why won't you tell me?" River mumbles. He peeks at my phone but I'm faster. I don't reply, it's hella fucking embarrassing.

"Who're you fighting?" River changes the topic.

"Headhunter."

"Fuck."

Indeed.

The alley leads to a small opening that is now filled with the crowd. Fuck, I'm late. Once I'm seen, people literally jump at me, screaming and all. I fucking hate this part, I'm pretty sure someone groped me down there.

Fuckers.

I move through the crowds, pushing them away from me and enter the old building, Rivers follows me saying something along the lines of 'why am I friends with him'. He knows why. No one would stay by his side if they knew the truth about him.

Not even the hundreds of girls that are in 'love' with him. Yeah, he's the player, the stereotypical one with 'blue eyes and blonde hair and a smile to die for'. Not my words, I'm quoting the girls.

Jake meets me by the door leads me inside, locking the doors so no one gets in. He has chocolate brown skin and hazel eyes you'd be jealous of. He is a couple of inches shorter than me.

I get rid of my shirt and put on my knuckle wraps, River helps me out.

"Are you sure you wanna fight him?" Jake calls out.

"Do I look unsure?"

Jake shakes his head and punches my arm with a small smile. He leaves the room to arrange things, I guess. I do my stretches, a couple of punches here and there on the punching bag hanging down the ceiling. River looks at me from the corner of the room.

Ten minutes later, Jake comes back.

"It's time, man."

I smirk at him and River stands up before giving me a mock salute. "Go, baby, kick his ass," he says with a smile. I shake my head at him.