30 | ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ

The last chapter before epilogue.
Enjoy :)

Alya shivered, the chilly wind had her teeth clattering

Alya shivered, the chilly wind had her teeth clattering. But, she couldn't care less. She ran as fast as she could, her feet worked on their own. She felt numb, both inside and out.

Alya stopped in front of Zayd's apartment, she hadn't realized she was crying again. She wiped her tears and took deep breaths before making her way inside.

Her feet came to a halt when her gaze fell on a shadowy figure. The cigarette smoke had her coughing, she made her way to the familiar figure. Her hands were shaking as she walked to him. It wasn't because of the cold.

The moonlight falling on Zayd only made Alya's heart clench. He looked so painfully handsome but what lied underneath was more precious to her. How she had wished it was her who mended the heart of the broken boy before her.

The irony though, she ended up breaking him further.

"I thought you had stopped smoking." Her voice was chilling, so foreign to him that he had to look at her for more than a second to believe that it was her.

What was she doing here? He thought. Hope was starting to light inside him.

"I had. Until I had a reason," his voice was just as chilling. Cold. Hard. They spoke as if they were strangers. The air was thick, suffocating. Chilly.

They stood there side by side, looking at the stars. The stars held many memories, a tear rolled down Alya's eyes but she had sobbed so much that day, she didn't even feel it sliding down her cheeks. Thanks to the darkness, Zayd didn't see it.

"There's.. there's something I have to tell you."

"Speak."

Alya took a shaky breath, she turned her gaze from the stars to him. His cigarette was still lit, lazily held in his hand while he looked at the stars.

He had a feeling that something was wrong.  He turned his head and met her eyes. Fuck, he said to himself. He couldn't look away. He hadn't realized how much he had missed her until then.

The moonlight wasn't as bright, he didn't notice her puffy swollen eyes.

"Speak," he repeated, this time softly.

"Stop wasting my time, speak or leav-"

"I love you."

A few moments passed before his heart jumped in joy, a smile broke out on his face. Did that mean they could be together again? Had she changed her mind? He felt his heart beating in ecstasy, he pulled her to him. The feeling of her in his arms wiped whatever depressing thoughts he was having not minutes ago.