22. The Blessers ii

Start from the beginning

"Is everything okay?" Karabo asked the moment he picked up the phone.

"Yeah, I'm good. But I need your help," I said.

"Anything,"

"I am stuck in Randburg, and I don't have uber fare,"

"What were you doing in Randburg?"

"It doesn't matter, just please come pick me up, will you?"

"Damn, Tshedza. Okay, send me your location."

I sent Karabo my location and then headed out before the two guys suspect something. When I got out, Hazel and her man were not around. Oliver was just sitting on the couch like he has been waiting for me.

"Are you okay?" he asked the moment I got to the living room.

"Yeah, where is Hazel?"

"They just got inside they are coming now now," he responded, trying to follow me while I walk toward the bar.

"Okay. I'm tired I need to sleep, can I be shown to my room?" I asked, trying to dodge him.

"Well, I think we have to wait for Ronald for that, he will show us our room," he said, crazy, the fuck he meant 'our room'? "Don't be scared, I won't do anything you don't want me to do to you," he added, and I just smiled. I poured myself some water, just to sober up before I get raped.

Time went on, passing 2 while Oliver and I sat on the couch, watching music playing on Channel O, while we awkwardly drink our different drinks. It took more than an hour for Hazel and her sugar daddy to come out of the room.

"You guys shouldn't just sit, dance, enjoy while you are still young," Hazel said as she walked to me and hugged me, I don't know why.

"Are you still scared of my boy baby girl?" Ronald asked, and I just played bottoms up with my glass which was just full of water. "Yeah, drink it up, girl," he continued, and I just stared at him.

"But she's cool, she wasn't scared we talked when you guys were honeymooning," Oliver added, and I just nodded. I couldn't wait any longer. Karabo, on the other hand, was taking his precious time. I thought of calling him, but I didn't want to give Hazel any ideas that I was planning my way out.

Half past 2, we chilled and talked about whatever only these guys know. No one ever brought up the fact that the only reason we got in this house was to put the drinks in the fridge and then drive me back home. It was mentioned it would only be for 10 minutes, but here we are, 4 hours later. I tried eying Hazel, thinking maybe she will get the idea of me wanting to leave, but she didn't say anything.

From my healthy water, I ended up going back to drinking wine as Oliver has recently become my bartender again bringing me drinks. I was getting drunk, and it has been 2 hours since I called Karabo. I had to call him again. I headed to the bathroom, and Hazel followed me.

"You are starting to loosen up now, it's good," she said as she closed the door behind us.

"I thought you were going to ask your boyfriend to drive me home. Don't you think is time we leave now?" I asked, more like said.

"Well, it's almost 3 am, and the police will be all over the road, that's why Ronald doesn't wanna drive us now. We will just leave in the morning," she said, I hate her so much right now.

"So, we are not sleeping?"

"We are going to sleep now. Ronald will show you to your room. Let me go tell him to prepare," she finished and walked out.

I was about to drop dead when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Karabo; he was here. I took my phone and called Hazel, she came back to the bathroom, and I told her I was leaving.

I said bye to the guys after Hazel has told Ronald about my leaving. I could see Oliver was dissatisfied.

"How are you leaving?" she asked as she opened the door for me.

"My friend is outside,"

"Which friend, the one who dropped you by the flat earlier?" she asked, and I nodded. She opened the gate for me, and I could see Karabo's car. Karabo saw me and got off the car. Ronald was standing at the door, so I waved as Hazel closes the gate.

"Are you okay? Sorry, I'm a bit late," Karabo said as he catches up to where I was.

"I'm fine, you just took forever," I said. Forgetting he is not my boyfriend.

"Sorry, Nyiko didn't want me to come, she is in there," He said. Really? she came with him.

"Just drive me home," I said, and we walked to the car. He opened the backseat door for me, and I got in. he walked to the driver's seat, and in a minute, we were moving. I didn't say anything to Nyiko; I was just tired to talk.

Karabo drove his car while we were all quiet, with the house music playing, but in low volume. I could feel Nyiko hated me so much, and I realised I wasn't fair to her. To her, Karabo is a boyfriend, and he is busy taking care of some other girl which is me. If I were her, I would hate myself too.

But to be honest, I was hoping it would just be the two of us, Karabo and I. I was hoping he will spend the night at my place. At least before I go to the hotel with Sihle, I will have something good to hold onto. But well, Nyiko ruined everything.

It was passing 4 when we arrived at my flat. Karabo dropped me at the entrance. He got off to open the car door for me, but I had already opened it for myself. I stumble to the entrance as I was still a bit drunk, but he ran to me to help me get in the building. Before I could enter, I kissed him and then got in. I could feel that Nyiko saw it, but I didn't care what was going to happen. I got in the lift, and I was just assuming what is now happening between Karabo and Nyiko. I realise I was jealous that he came with her; I was jealous that he has her, not me. I was falling in love with Karabo.

I got in my room and wiped my face, the makeup I had. When I was about to sleep, I got a call from Karabo.

"What was that? Nyiko is mad," he said.

"She has to get over it," I said.

"I guess you won't mind if I do the same to Sihle."

"Don't you dare; I love Sihle, and this is different, don't even..." he hanged up the phone. I waited a bit, thinking he will call again, but he didn't, I ended up falling asleep.