4 - Summer school (Day 1) ⭐

Lilly's POV

As we got closer to the car I noticed Martinez was there. "Okay, why is he still here? Why did you pick me up an hour earlier than what was needed," I asked calmly. "You two are going to work things out," James told me.

"You mean how you and Henry worked things out. Oh wait I forgot he dumped you because he'd rather be with a woman," I said coldly. I could tell James was trying his best to not lose his cool. "Okay that's not nice Lilly," Martinez said firmly. "Don't try to scold me like a damn child Felix. Yeah that's right I know your real name," I said annoyed. "Lilly chose your next words very carefully," Martinez said in a dangerously low tone. "Fine, you wanna work things out, go ahead and try," I stated.

I got in and buckled up and James started the car and pulled away from the palace. I sighed and let my mind wander. "Lilly, hey bubbles snap out of it," Martinez said worriedly. My eyes went back to normal and James was trying to start the car. "Sorry," I mumbled. "Are your powers in check or am I going to need to babysit you this entire summer," James asked, annoyed. "Screw you James," I snapped.

I gave him a migraine and teleported out. I went to a training room in the school and took off my watch. I knew I needed to let a lot of my anger out and that it wasn't safe for people to get close to me. I open my backpack and pull out a spell book. "Imperium monstrum," I whispered. The light purple boundary went up and then turned invisible. Nobody would be able to pass a certain limit. I set my backpack down and went to let a ton of repressed anger out.

I used my energy blasts to break things. I normally can't control my powers and force them on demand. But for some reason when I was angry or upset they came naturally. I did this for about 20 minutes before they found me. "There you a-," James started. His sentence was cut off when he walked straight into the boundary and groaned holding his head. "It's not safe for you to get too close. So I suggest you leave unless you wanna become a punching bag," I stated bitterly. I threw another blast but this time it was much more powerful and destroyed nearly everything in it's path.

"Alrighty let's just talk your anger out instead of destroying everything," Martinez asked me. "What do you want me to call you Martinez or Felix," I asked him. "Martinez is my middle name. I don't go by my last name and since you know me just call me Felix. Now do you mind taking this barrier down," Felix asked me. "Veritas tempus," I said softly. They both went to walk through but hit the boundary again. "Whatever that was, it didn't work," James told me. "Oh it did. It's a truth spell not the reverse spell for the boundary. Felix, are you really sorry or do you just feel bad because you realized how badly you screwed up," I stated.

"At first I didn't feel sorry but then again I was only seeing it from my side. I didn't bother to see your side until I realized how much pain I caused. You've been through a lot and you trusted me and I made you believe that I was there for you. I didn't think it'd affect you the way it did. I realized that I really hurt you and I noticed that it changed you. All I have ever wanted for you was to feel better but I didn't realize that I hurt you. So yes I'm sorry and I screwed up big time and I want to make it up to you," Felix told me. "Dude why'd you say that," James questioned.

"Truth spell he has no choice but to speak the truth. I'm not stupid enough to ever fall for your stupid act. You don't care and I know you don't care because you don't abandon the people you care about because you're uncomfortable. You sent me to a therapist after my last one tried to murder me. So after you I made myself a promise. No matter how much pain I was in, no matter how much I was hurting, no matter how alone I felt, no matter how bad it got I would never tell anyone I was hurting. Because if I did then I'd be back to a therapist who could try to kill me. You once asked me if I pushed people away and I told you I did. If anything this is exactly why I push people away. If I don't push people away they hurt me If I don't push people away I become reliant on them. If I don't push people away they will leave me. So what is the point because it's either I hurt them or they hurt me. You lose both ways so no you can't make it up to me because I have given you way too many chances to make it up to me and you kept throwing them away. You restored my faith in people just to destroy it. I can't ever forgive you for that until I know that you won't hurt me again. I made myself swear that if someone doesn't intend to stay in my life that there is no point in getting to know them or making friends because everyone leaves," I told him.

I tried my best not to break but It didn't work. I wipe my tears and pick my bag up. I take down the barrier and walk past them both. "Lia I'm sorry," Felix said softly. "I know but sorry doesn't fix anything, only actions will fix things," I told him. I read James' mind and found the room we needed to be in. I snapped my fingers and all the damage was fixed. "You know we still have some time, kid. You wanna go on a walk like we used to. We don't have to talk and I know you love the greenhouse. We can go to the greenhouse for a while," Felix asked me.

"I guess," I mumbled. Here I am putting myself in a position where I can be fooled that someone actually cares about me when they don't. Me and Felix went on a walk around the school. "I do care about you kid but I felt you deserved better than the little help I could give you. I view all my students as my kids. Especially when I have them as long as I've had you," Felix told me. "You were one of the only people that treated me as an actual person with feelings. You didn't treat me like everyone else had. Everyone treated me like broken glass or like I was something that needed to be fixed. Until you did and like everyone else you threw me to someone else because you didn't want to deal with me anymore. Even after I told you my past and how that made me feel," I told him.

"I was inconsiderate about how you would feel. I understand that. But I thought a therapist would be a good idea and I didn't think that this therapist would try to kill you like the last one did. It won't happen again and I promise that I'll make it up to you and show you that I'm sorry instead of continuing to say it," Felix told me. "He didn't try to kill me. He was planning on killing me until I foiled his plans but I hope you're right," I said softly. "You just can't seem to catch a break can you," Felix asked me. "I guess not," I mumbled.