🥂 TOASTS | Short Story

Thank you critics for helping us with the arrangements -

Nicole_Sydney and Random_roze

Let's raise a toast to all the storytellers for loving their fiction!

Winners, please contact Gayatrikothuri for Certificates & Stickers!

ACHIEVERS

Gift:GOLD

Book's Name: Eros Academy
Author's Name: u-know-me-now

(i)First Impressions: 14

Title – 5, Cover – 4, Blurb – 5

(ii)Flow & Structure of Events(plot): 10

(iii)Character diversification and development: 10

(iv)Grammar & Vocabulary: 10

(v)Overall Impression: 5

(vi) Total: 49/50

Review:

The title is very mysterious, but interesting as it makes me want to dig deeper to finding out how Nicole ''Nico'' Black will go to find out what new student Cythia Ella De Rose who is a secret spy, the lengths she will go to steal the royal crown.

Awesome cover! I love the imagery of the crown reflecting in its shadow and the blade coming down pointing directly on top the crown's diamond. The all black background suits the cover and looks good overall. However, the font style for ''It's a battle for the crown'' is unattractive and a sloppy form of cursive or calligraphy.

The blurb immediately appeals to the reader by talking how a teenage girl goes undercover in an all-boys school to steal the crown from Eros Academy. Already you have set up the plot for suspense wondering how this girl will navigate through this school for boys without revealing her disguise and of course stealing the precious royal crown of Lavianne Alexander. Set ups a theme of mystery and wondering how the girl will pull off this disguise.

The opening chapter has remarkably set the tone. Excellent job on using descriptive vocabulary to describe the fight. I can mentally see people around cheering and laughing. The plot is creative and am interested to find out why Cythia will keep this disguise up to get her greedy hands on the crown.

As a reader was really impressed by the depth of your writing. Overall, I love the twists and turns of the plot it kept me on the edge of my seat as I was reading.

The character of Nico is extremely dedicated to his family and job which comes across as heartwarming. The symmetry between Melli and Nico and their brother and sister relationship are so sweet and relatable. I love development of how each character's individual personality is a little cryptic in their own way. It is mysterious trying to find out why they really are deep down and what motives they have.