ignored

Jungkook looks at the person who has her whole focus on the white banner

Jungkook looks at the person who has her whole focus on the white banner. She's not even looking anywhere except the banner in front of her. As if she's in her own world.

He doesn't know why he takes notice of how thin her body...she should eat more. Then he realizes he has never seen her eating in the cafeteria.

The students in the hall starting to leave for a break, everyone was walking in their own group... chit-chatting as they are making their way to the exit. Jungkook gather his things, already thinking what he should bought for lunch. He sits on the chair waiting for his friend, then his eyes glances at the same person.

She still there. Park Chaeyoung.

He wonders where her friends are. Does she only have 3 close friends in this whole campus? No one comes to her and invites her to eat together.

Thinking back, he never saw her with anyone except her 3 so-called privileged students.

"Jungkook, let's having lunch together..." Sana with another few students came at him.

"Hm... it's okay. I'll go with Taehyung," he said politely.

Sana smiles widely, "Okay, see you at the cafeteria."

Jungkook pulls out his phone to kill some time. Unconsciously he opened his IG and saw a new post from Chaeyoung. He had followed her IG using his other account. The account that he used to only post his photography, and no one knew it's his account except his close friends.

She posted a picture of her sketch on the banner. His eyes automatically glance back to her, still working.

He wanted to leave a comment on her post but stop when he gets an incoming call from Taehyung. The older already waiting outside of the hall.

Jungkook walks off leaving the hall but before he reaches the exit, he turns back and saw Chaeyoung still on her knees, painting the banner on the floor.

.

Taehyung was talking nonstop about that one girl who rejected his confession. But Jungkoook didn't pay attention to it as he's busy choosing what he should eat. He's hungry, drawing and painting took a lot of his energy. Thinking about that made his mind drift back to the person who might still be working in the hall.

She must feel hungry too — but why he cares?

He takes a box of sushi rolls and a cup of ice shake...

"Sushi? I thought we want to eat hamburger..." Taehyung looks at Jungkook with a weird face.

"Not for me..."

"Then for who?"

Jungkook didn't reply.

After choosing another food and paid everything, he asked Taehyung to choose a table and excuse himself for a while.

The older didn't get to say anything because Jungkook was quickly leaving the cafeteria with a cup of ice shake and a box of sushi rolls in his hands.

But less than 10 minutes he came back and continue eating with Taehyung.

Eating with his friends normally will take more than 1 hour..especially when Kim Seokjin and Jung Hoseok join their table. It will be hard to resist hearing campus gossip from them both.

As Jungkook hearing Seokjin talking about the lecturer, his eyes caught a familiar figure walking into the cafeteria. He wonders if she noticed the food he left beside her bag. He saw her takes quite a lot of buns and snacks.

Maybe the food he gave was not enough.

She turns her head and their eyes met.

Jungkook's heart stops beating for a second.

She turns to the other side looking everywhere. She's avoiding eye contact. Of course, there's no way she would look at him after what he did to her in the past.

He sighs when he saw her leave the cafeteria. He takes out his phone, and leave a comment on her recent post.

nice sketch, you work hard.

And again, his heart stops beating for a second when he gets a reply from her.

He wonders what will be her reaction if she knew it's him.

Jungkook never felt this way...

He had experienced the feeling when his heart stops beating for a second, it's not that bad...it kind of nice.

But he never expects to feel like shit when he saw Chaeyoung didn't touch the foods he placed beside her bag. The foods stay that way...untouched, the ice crush melted.

And the extra foods she bought was actually to share with Namjoon.

So this is the feeling when your good intention get ignored.