pretend

Jungkook doesn't see Chaeyoung attend the club meeting after that day, it's been 2 weeks

Jungkook doesn't see Chaeyoung attend the club meeting after that day, it's been 2 weeks. From Mr. Han, all club members were informed that Park Chaeyoung was involved in one of her faculty programs.

He remembers her words when he sent her back, she speaks the truth...

'you apologize because you misunderstood everything about me, so you're saying I still deserve to get outcast and push away if the things was true? You know, I had heard people talking nice about you before I join the club...but that's not what you show me when we first met,'

He remembers how her words shot straight to his face...

'You're no better than a bully'

Chaeyoung was right. He's the first one who outcast her in the club meeting, not talking to her and makes sure sit far away from her.

Of course the other female students who envious of Chaeyoung and other students who believe those privilge rumors would follow how he treated her.

She ended up being alone sitting at the back and no friends in the club.

The realization makes Jungkook thought of how hard for her to endure and how strong her mind to still coming and join the club meeting every week.

He scrolls her IG posts...looking at how bright her smile when she's with her friends. Yet, he has never once seen her smile like that in the club meeting. Jungkook sighs as he lay on his bed, his left arm covers his eyes.

Did he really hate her in the past?

Jungkook sighs again...better he spend his night in the gym and clear his mind.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Chaeyoung regretted wearing a skirt today. She just realizes she needs to get through the Sports Centre to get back to her faculty.

It's okay if it's during the daylight...but at night...it's hard. Because during the night the lounge centre was full of male seniors, they always in groups and most of them like to tease female students. Often their teasing makes female students uncomfortable. The lounge at the Sports Centre was famous for being the scariest place at night among female students.

She had experienced it when she's with Jennie. But thank god at that time a male student who has a feeling for Jennie walk by and escort them until the exit. Who's his name again...Kim...arrrgh she can't remember.

Chaeyoung thinks she should just walk past the area and pretending busy talking on the phone and ignore them.

She takes a deep breath and walks in fast step with her phone on her ear...she acts like she really on the phone with someone.

A few steps away from the lounge, her eyes catch a few groups of seniors sitting on the lounge talking and laughing on whatever their conversation is.

Her heart beating fast when a few of them start whistling by the time she walking on the lounge. Their eyes were looking at her.

"Pretty girl...do you need someone to walk with you?" One senior standing and walk closer to her. His face giving a playful smirk.

Chaeyoung pretends she doesn't hear anything and continue walking and acting as if she was talking on the phone with someone.

But the senior still walking to her, trying to catch her steps...

"Hey, that talking on the phone trick is not working anymore..." The senior said loudly and chuckles. The other male students also join in laughing.

Chaeyoung cursed in her head but she continues pretending to talk on the phone and trying to walk fast. Her heart quickens too when the senior seems wanting to pull her hand...

"I'm here...!" - A familiar voice said, loudly.

Chaeyoung turns her head to the left and unconsciously she let out a big sigh of relief as she looks at the person.

Jeon Jungkook.

He has a phone on his ear too.

Wait, does he talked to her or the person on the phone? But why are his eyes looking at her? And he was walking to her - Chaeyoung hopes he comes to her.

"Ah let's end our phone call, you found me..." Jungkook slips his phone into his sweatpants pocket. "Gym was over there, if you walk so fast like that of course you couldn't find the gym."

Chaeyoung blinks her eyes, Jungkook was indeed talking to her. She didn't expect to see him here after what happened a few weeks ago, and she also trying to understand his words...what's with the gym?

"Ohoho Jeon...she's your girlfriend?" The senior asked, voice still playful.

"Ah sunbae, yes. I asked her to come here but she called me saying she couldn't find the gym..." Jungkook walks close to Chaeyoung and pulls her shoulder, making her stand beside him.

He's lying... -Chaeyoung thought. But somehow she understands his intention. He's trying to save her from the male senior.

"Ahhh...you should ask me if you're looking for the gym, don't need to call Jeon," The senior said to Chaeyoung.

She gives him a polite smile. Jungkook's hand on her shoulder making her brain difficult to think. She thought she will hate his touch, but her body feels relieved and secured.

"Hmm we have a plan after this, see you around sunbae. Let's go babe," Jungkook bows a little to his senior. His hand move from her shoulder to her hand and intertwined their fingers together before pulling her to walk off the Sports Centre.

He didn't even see how red her face changed after she heard he called her babe.

He's sooo good at acting!

Yes, it just an act...so why I'm blushing! -Chaeyoung wanted to pinch her face.

"I think you can remove your hand, we already out from the building..." Chaeyoung said, her eyes glance to the man beside her. She tried to maintain her coldness towards him.

But instead of released her hand, he tightened his grips.

"We still in Sports Centre area... those kinds of senior was everywhere. You will use the same route for another week, right? So used this moment to pretend that you already have a boyfriend, trust me they won't tease and interrupt you...and you can walk past the sports lounge alone without getting disturbed after this."

Chaeyoung wanted to refuse, but no word comes out of her mouth when she sees a few male students walking around and look at them. She believes if she was alone, the male students will tease her. So she stays silent and moving close to Jungkook...at least to make it look like she already has someone...so bug off!

She was too engrossed thinking about the eyes of the other male students that she missed the smile on Jungkook's face.

Glad she fell for it.