the worst

Jungkook pulled the hoodie to cover his head, then open the umbrella he got from one of the female students

Jungkook pulled the hoodie to cover his head, then open the umbrella he got from one of the female students. The rain was heavy, and he knows his shoes and pants will get wet by the time he reaches his shared apartment.

He sighs before starts walking leaving the faculty building. The road seems less with people, maybe because of the heavy rain.

But as he walks further, he caught the sound of a kitten meowing.

It sounds like it's in trouble or hurt. Jungkook turns his head looking around trying to search where the sound came from.

He walks to the big drain on his left and the sound getting louder as he is walking closer.

When he arrived, he could see a kitten was drench near the drainpipe. He was about to walk down before he saw a figure already walking down ahead towards the kitten. The person not covered with an umbrella and drenched from head to toe.

"Are you hurt? Shhh...you will be okay..." - Jungkook heard the person's said to the kitten.

He knows that voice. Even just looking at the person's hair, Jungkook knows who's the person is...Park Chaeyoung.

The girl that he doesn't want to get close with.

He had heard a lot about her and her close friends from his previous semester classmate.

Park Chaeyoung and her close friends were famous with the name 'privilege student'.

They always get awarded for something.

Teachers, lecturers and even school staffs seem close to them.,

Park Chaeyoung and her close friends came from private school and there's a lot of rumors saying all of their achievements in school were due to their beautiful faces and family background.

Jungkook sees Chaeyoung going up from the big drain while carrying the kitten in her left arm. And as she reached the side of the road, her eyes meet Jungkook.

She froze. He noticed that.

"I didn't do anything to the kitten, I just help it from the rain..." she explained without looking at Jungkook's face. Her eyes were everywhere but not straight to him.

"I know..." Jungkook replies, "I could see that." Somehow it feels wrong when she tried to explain what she's doing. As if he will accuse her of doing something bad to the kitten.

"Oh-okay..." Chaeyoung nodded, then turn to leave.

"It's raining, take this umbrella..." Jungkook stopped her. He walks closer but Chaeyoung takes a few steps back.

"No need, my apartment just a 1 block away." Chaeyoung turns again, she really doesn't want to talk with Jeon Jungkook, but the guy still forcing her to take his umbrella.

"At least you can-"

"You shouldn't try to be nice to me." Chaeyoung cut him off.

Jungkook was taken aback. He knows he never once being polite with Chaeyoung in the Art club because he doesn't want Chaeyoung to get close to him just like how people always said Park Chaeyoung can charming her way to anyone and often get free pass when she made mistakes.

As a person who works hard to study in a prestige university with a scholarship, of course Jungkook doesn't fond a person like Park Chaeyoung.

Jungkook never once said he hates Park Chaeyoung, but for sure his act and his attitude enough to make anyone think like that. Plus, his silence in the club seems like approving all the bullying and harsh treatment Chaeyoung gets from the club committee.

"You should use the umbrella, I don't want to get blame if you get sick." Chaeyoung continues walking without turning back.

.

.

Chaeyoung's words keep playing in his mind until he arrived at the shared apartment.

He didn't even realize his hyung already back from the class.

"I'm sorry hyung I can't help you with the banner painting. I already promised to help Taehyung with his club banner," Jungkook apologized to Namjoon who sits beside him on the sofa with a happy face.

Namjoon chuckled. "It's okay...because you know what? I got a very talented student to paint our banner!" Namjoon pumps his fist in the air, as if it's a victory for him.

Jungkook frowns..."Who?"

Namjoon smiled widely, he takes his phone then slide the screen and tap on it a few times before showing it to Jungkook.

"Look at her art... amazing right?"

Jungkook looks at Namjoon's phone screen. An Instagram account with the name __chae1102 and it's full of photos of painting and sketching.

"Who is she?"

"You should know her, she's in the Art club too...Park Chaeyoung."

Yes, just as Namjoon said that...Chaeyoung picture appears when Jungkook scrolling down the screen. Pictures of her winning awards for her drawing and painting from primary school until university. She also shared a few short tutorial videos of her drawing and painting.

She's indeed talented - Jungkook said in his heart.

So how could he believed all the rumors?

The worst part was not just his blind acceptance but his lack of curiosity, his failure to seek out the truth. Jungkook can't believe his judgments were built on a foundation of hearsay rather than fact.