fiftysix

katherine makes sure the door is closed, before rushing to her wardrobe and pulling out darker clothes, putting them on the bed

katherine makes sure the door is closed, before rushing to her wardrobe and pulling out darker clothes, putting them on the bed. she hears the front door open, making her take the clothes and put them in the bathroom, before going downstairs. as she walks down the steps she smiles as she sees sirius remove his leather jacket. she notices his hair being all over the place, making her raise an eyebrow.

"if you and james were having sex, make the hair less obvious." she says teasingly, making sirius look up at her and smirk in amusement. he reaches his hand out for her and she goes down the last few steps of the stairs, before taking his hand and he pulls her into his arms. he leans down and kisses her passionately, making her smile as she wraps arms around his neck.

"oh, darling. you know you're the only one for me. james can't compete next to you." he says, making her snort and roll her eyes playfully. "but you might still kill me for what i did."

"sirius." she whines, not sure whether he was saying would be literal or metaphorical. he'd done quite a few dumb stuff since they left hogwarts, such as turning into a dog and attacking this guy who kept flirting with her. but on the other hand, he was a lot more mature now. "what have you done?"

"come on. let me show you." sirius hums as he takes her head and leads her outside. her eyes immediately fall upon the black smooth metal and leather chair of the motorbike parked in front of their house. it didn't take a genius to figure out who was the proud owner of that.

"you've absolutely lost your mind. let's go." katherine says as she walks towards it, making sirius raise an eyebrow at her questioningly. she turns around gives him an expectant look. "are you coming? i'm not driving."

"oh. we're going on a ride?" he asks, slightly shocked by her reaction. he closes the door of the house and walks up to her as she nods. "right, yes. who are you and what have you done to my incredible responsible girlfriend?"

"i'm not that responsible and boring as you make me sound. may i remind you, potions class where james turned pink, or marlene's new look, or all the pictures in gryffindor common room. or that time we snuck out because you wanted us to go skinny dipping in the lake, because of that time james had interrupted us?" katherine asks tauntingly, making him roll his eyes with a slight proud smile. he takes the helmet and puts it on her head, tightening the strap.

"i certainly do remember that night and the feeling of you-" she hits him on the shoulder, cutting him off from finishing that sentence, making him snicker and peck her lip. "i'd say this is going to be the ride of your life, but we both know that you'd rather ride my-"

"okay! stop. shut up. merlin's beard." she grumbles, making him chuckle and get on the motorbike. she swings her leg over the seat and wraps her arms around him as she sits down.

"hold on tightly, darling. i wouldn't want you to get hurt." he says as he turns on the engine, making her hold on him tighten as she can feel heart beating strongly against her rib cage. "you ready?"

"i think so." she hums and he takes that as confirmation, before taking off. she closes her eyes, slightly too scared to look. but after a while she slowly pears them open and lets out a gasp. she lets out a breathy chuckle as the wind blows in her hair.