thirtytwo

"katherine

"katherine. i think we should talk." she looks up and glares at severus, turning around and walking the other direction. he catches up with her and stands in front of her. "i'm serious, katherine. you either listen or pretty boy will suffer the consequences."

"severus. if anything happens to him, i will not hesitate to use an unforgivable on you." she snarls, making him scoff and roll his eyes.

"it's simple. you join the death eaters as you should, giving your brother and father their memory back, or you already know the consequences. you didn't actually think you could get away with it. escaping your fate? it's impossible." he snarls, making her scoff angrily, feeling her heart drop to her feet. "we left you alone for six months now. you've had your little fun. but you're coming home for summer."

"i hate you, severus. i hope you know that." katherine snaps, before she turns around and walks away. she feels tears burn her eyes as she tries to get as far as possible from him. her whole world came crashing down in front of her very own eyes. she wouldn't let severus hurt sirius or anyone else for her sake.

if that's what it took to protect, sirius and her friends, that's what she would do. she wipes away her traitorous tear. she shouldn't have expected her happiness to last this long. after all, severus wasn't wrong, being a death eater was her fate since birth and trying to escape was futile. she couldn't think of any other way and she knew if she told the others about this, they'd try to find a way to save her. but she wasn't going to let them risk their lives for her. she takes a deep breath and turns back around, running after severus. she grabs his arm, once she catches up with him, making him turn around to look at her expectingly.

"i don't want the mark. that's all i ask. i'll become a death eater. but i don't want the mark. please. and also i don't want my brother and father to remember me." she begs weakly, making him smirk victoriously and nods.

"deal." severus sticks his hand out and katherine shakes it, before walking away. regret fills her heart, but what else could she do to protect her friends. she makes her way towards the great hall, but stops at the entrance. she looks inside to see them all laughing, probably at something james said. her heart breaks, before she walks away towards the slytherin dorms.

as she walks into the room, she slams the door shut and throws herself on her bed, pulling her pillow close as she cries into it. her worst fear had come true. she would have to become the one thing she hated the most. how she wished she could take her pain away. she sits up and looks at the picture of her with her mother. her mother is kissing her forehead as she giggles.

"why did we have to be part of this family?" she wonders slightly as she runs a finger over the picture, before holding it close to her chest. she wanted to go talk to sirius, and ask him to help her figure out the problems but she couldn't. her main priority was making sure they were not hurt, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness.