fiftyfour

"hey munchkin

"hey munchkin." katherine smiles happily as harry coos at her, trying to grab her from his laying position in the crib. she smiles softly, before picking him up in her arms and sitting down on the floor. "you're supposed to be sleeping, harry. what are you still doing up?"

he just stared at her with a cheeky grin, a slight look of mischief in his eyes, making her aware that he knew he was supposed to be sleeping. she shakes her with a small smile and rocks him side to side. he had lily's eyes, but he was slowly starting to resemble his father and deep down she hoped he wouldn't be as mischievous as james is.

"i hope you're not like your father when you grow up, or any of your uncles. okay, remus is manageable, the rest less. i think you should be more like your aunt katherine." she hums, making him giggle softly and her heart melts even more.

"are you corrupting the poor child already?" she turns around and smiles at james, making harry cry out for his father. james walks up to them and sits across katherine, before taking harry in his arms.

"no i'm trying to save lily from your mischief passing on to him." katherine says pointedly, making james playfully glare at him.

"i think he'll become a great seeker. i can't wait to teach him how to play quidditch." james says softly as he looks down at his son with so much joy. "and i'm sure he'll be as smart as his mother."

"i'm sure he will. the first marauder child, he's got big shoes to fill." she says teasingly, making him chuckle softly and nod in agreement.

"next is you and sirius. i see you two having a little girl and sirius being overprotective, while you're more relaxed with her." james muses as he looks up at her and she smiles fondly at the thought.

"well, it's not up to us whether i have a girl or not, james. i feel like you of all people should know." she reminds him and he shrugs slightly.

"consider it my attempt at doing prophecy." james says overly proudly, making katherine give him a look.

"if you weren't holding harry right now, i'd throw a book at you." she shakes her head at him, making him snicker and shrug innocently.

"but seriously, it's time for you two to get married and have a child. like, it's been two years now. lily and i beat you on this!" james says with a huff, making her shrug as she looks down.

"we're enjoying the moment, deer. when things happen it happens." katherine shrugs, making him raise an eyebrow.

"would you say yes if he proposed?" he asks, making her give him a look that silently asks him if he's being serious.

"of course. i love him and i wouldn't want anything else than spend the rest of my life with him." she answers with a soft smile, causing him to grin cheekily.

"make me your maid of honour."

"what? no way. i wasn't even your best man at your wedding." she points out and he huffs with a pout.

"that's only because lily asked you before i could. it's not fair and i had to be stuck with sirius." james whines and she shrugs nonchalantly.

"you'll be stuck with him again, because you're not going to be my maid of honour." she says stubbornly, making him grumble. both are unaware that at the door way lily and sirius are standing, watching them in amusement.

"can you believe those are the bloody idiots we love?" lily asks softly, so that the two arguing don't hear her.

"yeah. i can actually. will you be my best man if james ends up being her maid of honour?" sirius says, making lily grin at him.

"you bet."