Your mother flashes you a soppy smile. "I just know, dear... And, about your memories... I... I had to manipulate and erase them because I couldn't stand for you to hate me or your father.." She starts to get slightly dewy-eyed. Your eyes softened at the disheartening sight and the sound of her plaintive cry. For as long as you can remember, she'd never cry in front of you and your father. But, it looks like her inner struggles were getting the best of her.

"You know, I'd never hate you or dad, right? Sure, you and dad were busy with work, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate you both." Your mother frantically shook her head as she wept, "You don't understand..! I... I almost killed you after letting them inject their blood into you! But, I had no choice! T-They saw how you were able to communicate with those monsters and forced us..."

Not saying anything, you rubbed her arm to allay the pain and allowed her to continue. "They forced us to move in under the agency... Their executive team ordered your father and I to continue on with the family business, whereas you had to go with them.. Your father couldn't do anything against them, and I may not be any better... I, at least, had the ability to manipulate and erase the memories of anyone.."

"Wait what? Mom... Did you have...?" You began to speak, but the older woman shushed you. "Yes... The Rare Skill that can supposedly manipulate people's memories: Laplace. Though, it only manipulates memories and not erases them. That trait was only given to me after I..." She shamefully looks away. "After I injected myself with the blood of a Huge.. I had to do it; only then did I gain the ability to erase memories.. However, that led me to my downfall of becoming one of them because I sought after more power.. If only I hadn't been killed so early on, I would've erased everyone's memories... Especially that bastard's and his obsessive daughter of his..." Your beloved mother turned, red tears streaking her face. "I only did this to protect our family..!"

"Mom..." You reacted instinctively in giving her a hug. One hand brushing through her [H/C] locks and the other massaged her back by using light, gentle upward strokes. "It's okay, mom... It's only natural for everyone wanting to become stronger to protect their loved ones, and I love that about you. Your act of selfless devotion towards dad and me just shows that you truly are strong. I couldn't have asked for a better mom..."

The [E/C]-eyed woman kept on sniveling. "I didn't want you to remember the extreme cruelties they had put you through... That's why I did it, dear... Regardless if you had or hadn't remembered, I knew you'd hate yourself because of our deaths. But, it isn't your fault. Please remember that, okay?"

"I should say the same thing to you, mom. This entire thing wasn't your fault nor was it dad's. You're both good people! And I won't lie, I'd be tempted to kill them with my bare hands when I do see them again... But, I know you and dad did everything you could to protect me." You closed your eyes, taking in her fruity and saccharine scent. "And for that, I'd like to thank you... I love you, mom."

And there she goes... crying out a ten feet pool. You didn't have a napkin nor a handkerchief to wipe away her tears, so you had to use your sleeves to clean her entire face. It was gross, but what else could you do? You'd do anything for your mother, even if that means dirtying your nice clean clothes with her tears and snot. Goodness, this was gross...

"Haha... That's payback for my cardigan!" You made a face and rolled up your sleeves to avoid the distasteful visual. "Ugh, gross! Alright, you win, mom. You got me!" The two of you shared a look before erupting in laughter.