15: Floral Drive

The ride to Tokyo is quiet, with [F/N] having stared out the window the entire way, not paying attention to anything around her. Meanwhile, you were conflicted; you didn't know if your best friend was worn out from the early fight, or she was just in deep thought. Even so, her extrovert personality wasn't on normal display.

"You alright, [F/N]? You didn't have to come, you know?"

"What makes you think I didn't want to come?"

"Because you fought against a Huge, one that is classified as a special-type, earlier? And you also used a lot of Magi for that last attack."

The Science Division member breathes out a sigh, a denial indication. Your best friend had shut her eyes before proceeding to lean her head on your right shoulder. She was no longer able to keep up with the act and was nearly dead with fatigue. You let out a chuckle as you hear her softly snore.

"Sweet dreams, [F/N]."

After the uncanny counter with the mechanical supernatural, you and [F/N] were immediately escorted to a large, luxurious automobile. It isn't everyday you see a chauffeur-driven sedan, but today was a special occasion and here you are being whisked away in a black limousine.

Informed by the current chairman, you and [F/N] were going to stay at Odaiba ranging from five days to a week. Kogetsu thought this was the perfect opportunity to strengthen bonds with one of the strongest Gardens in Tokyo; therefore, he was sending his strongest students to help with their current predicament.

"The least he could do is let me see my friends before driving me away."

Everything became a busy blur after your release from isolation. You were tasked to do such atrocious things for the chairman, and the members of Team Hitotsuyanagi had their own schedules filled with lectures and training. None of you wanted to bother one another, yet craved for the other's attention and presence. You missed them just as much as they missed you.

Without realizing it, one of your hands shot up to your lips. The tips of your middle and index finger barely brush against the soft skin. In a series of flashbacks, you follow your past counters with Yuyu and Riri. Time surely has flown by as you can clearly remember your first encounter with the Schutzengel pair like it was yesterday.