• [ 34 ] •

Rose's POV

I meet up with Lucas on the way to the stables.

"Is it true?" He asks me.

"Is what true?" I ask confusedly.

"Is it true that you shot arrows off of Belvedere's back while flying?" He questions.

"Yes." I simply respond. He nods his head and we walk in silence till we reach the dragon stables. Ampiere and Belvedere are already outside waiting for us next to Marcus, Trent, and their companions. Artemis and Apollo perk up at the sight of my dragon.

"Rose, do you have an idea as to what you want your item to be?" Trent asks.

"Yes, I sketched a design of dragon scales that are connected together. I was thinking that this could maybe be on fingerless leather-brown gloves." I say, pulling out my sketch.

My instructors nod and accept the sketch

My instructors nod and accept the sketch. Marcus clears his throat.

"Today we will be working on strengthening your bonds with your companions." Marcus starts. "Please sit down and get into a meditative position. Close your eyes and follow my instructions as I give them." He continues. Lucas and I sit down crossed legged, closing our eyes.

"I want you to clear your mind, solely thinking of your bond with your dragon. Think of how you want to develop your tie and become stronger. You need to believe that you and your dragon will never part, staying in a life long companionship. Think of all the times you have spent with your dragon. When you have successfully imagined your bond with your companion, you should see a strand of color in your mind space. Grasp it and focus on holding it with your imaginary pull. This strand should disintegrate and a mental image of your dragon should appear when you have successfully strengthened your bond." Trent guides.

I follow his instructions to the very last word, clearing my mind and focusing on strengthening my mental bond. My mind space is completely bland when 7 strands appear in my mind space. I consciously depart from my state to ask a question.

"How will I know which strand to strengthen?" I ask. Marcus and Trent both look dumbfounded.

"There should only be one strand. What do you mean?" Marcus inquires.

"There are 7 strands, two of them are fainter than the other five. All of them are different colors." I reply. Trent's eyes harden.

"Are you able to communicate with other dragons?" He asks lowly. I look up to my companion, silently asking for permission to tell. Belvedere nods.