the blonde burrowed his head against jungkook's shoulder, taking a comforting whiff of his cologne. the ravenette's decision of solely spending the celebration with him was odd, but taehyung complied to it nonetheless.

"that's fine, baby," taehyung agreed. "i could bake you a cake and cook all of your favorite meals."

"i don't want that, either."

the elder grew concerned. "w-what?"

jungkook faintly grinned. "i have a place in mind."

before taehyung could process his reply, he sensed his arm being tugged by the ravenette. the two dashed out of the room, hands intertwined, as they spent no more than a minutes departing from their home.

"where are we going?!" the blonde inquired.

"wait and see."

clouds still lingered, but instead as an array of puffy white shapes amid the grey sky. as the two glimpsed above, they discerned how the sky was a rolling blanket of wet ash. taehyung shivered at the cold breeze that blew right through his sweater, exhaling out small breaths that were only visible under the sporadic streetlights.

"so, i noticed that the contract said you would be on the team for a minimum of four years," the blonde began.

"yeah," jungkook confirmed.

taehyung gulped down his anxiety. "does that mean that you'll be in america for that whole time period, even though i'm here, in korea? remember, i can't travel with you. i-i need to take care of the kids in my daycare."

jungkook nodded, tucking his chin downward in his coat. "i thought about that, and maybe i could call you everyday and travel back home for the holidays. what do you think of that?"

the blonde's stomach instantly knotted at the sound of jungkook's so-called "suggestion." things were arranged completely out of the realm of what he truly wanted, but he refused to be an obstacle to the ravenette's dreams.

the reoccurring thought that placed taehyung in an intense state of nerve-wracks was the lack of physical affection which would accompany jungkook traveling abroad and him remaining home in korea. the ravenette would also be exposed to a new variety of people, including the extremely attractive girls who roamed the streets of california.

moments like these enabled taehyung to overthink, but he felt as though he did not have much a say in the situation, so he kept silent.

despite the fact that the blonde was slightly bummed out, a bit of excitement poured out him like sunshine through fine white linen. he had no idea what jungkook was cooking up in the works by dragging him to some random place, but it was such an anticipating feeling.

"oh shit, we're close," the younger pointed out. he proceeded to cover taehyung's eyes with his hands in attempts of shielding his eyesight.

"you're getting me nervous," taehyung giggled.

a few minutes later, the two halted in their steps and stood in front of a vicinity. the blonde did not have the slightest clue of where they were, but the thrilled grin creeping up on jungkook's face claimed otherwise.

"we're here."

taehyung removed the ravenette's hands from his view, taking a little while to process what stood before him. in his moments of emotional dumbfoundedness, his brain searched for the words to adequately express how he felt.