slice of sanity || Tim Drake

Requested by: DialDiva and lxthdxn

Romance and Timmy visiting reader for the sake of his sanity. I've been thinking about this!

This is not as cheesy as I wanted it to be, hope you like it 😌

You looked at your the clock on the wall, it was already 7 hours into your shift and goddamn did some people managed to get into your nerves.

Sighing, you cleaned the counter, making sure all the equipment was cleaned so when another wave of customer got in you would be ready.

"We are really low on staff tonight," your co-worker sighed from their spot near the cashier machine, cleaning up the mess that happened during the rush not too long ago.

You only could sigh out a sound of agreement.

Work have been really harsh lately, always low on staff. One of your co-workers quit yesterday because she said she couldn't take it anymore, they weren't treating you right.

"I will do our stocktake while there's no customer," but then as you said that, the bell rang, alerting you that a customer was coming in.

Both you and your co-worker grunted internally.

"Hey, how's it going? What can I get for you today?" You heard the cheery voice of your co-worker, it was their retail voice. Putting on a smile had been really hard these days.

"Oh, hi," your eyebrows raised as you took the stocktake papers along with a pen, the voice sounded so familiar. "Could I just please get a large long black coffee, uh—"

Turning around, the look in your eyes changed from tiredness to recognition. A big smile gracing your face as you spotted your darling boyfriend.

He looked a little rugged.

"And avo mayo and chicken sandwich?" You cut him off.

When those blue eyes landed on you, he started smiling sheepishly, you were the reason he slacked from patrol tonight. He wanted to see you, because it's been days since he did.

"Yes, yes, please."

Your co-worker looked at you with some questions in their eyes, you just hushed them and told them that you would take care of this one customer.

You punched it in, making sure to give him some discount just because you can.

"Why are you here? What about your...job?" You asked as you began making his coffee, stealing some glances from time to time.

"I told him that I need just tonight off," he rubbed his temple, being paired with the demon spawn was driving him a little bit to the edge. He probably spent most of the nights arguing with the little shit.

You gave him his coffee before going to warm up the prepared sandwich, it didn't take long to warm it up before you put it on a plate, knowing he would probably spend some time here.

A light chuckle escaped you as you observed how his expression changed when he remembered what happened on the last few nights.

Your co-worker mentioned you to just sit down with him, they pointed to one of the seats. It was empty at the shop currently anyways, it should be fine.

You guided Tim towards your favorite table, it might be in the corner but from there you could see everything. You placed his sandwich down before sitting down and Tim followed you.

"It's so good to finally see you," Tim took a sip of his coffee, just the way he liked it. He would need some caffeine for tonight. Putting down his cup, he reached over for your hand, fingers now intertwined.

If you had to be honest, it was a little embarrassing to be like this during work but it seemed like your co-worker was pretending not to see anything. You noted to give them a little something for this.

"Has it been busy?" Tim inquired, a little curious as he wasn't the only one who looked a little disheveled.

A nod from you confirmed it all, "it's been really hard working here now, I've been talking to the manager and boss that we need more people. I always failed to convince them because whenever they are here, there is barely any customer."

Now that you have started, you couldn't stop, and Tim listened. He moved to sit beside you instead, rubbing your back with his other hand as he was still holding yours with his other one.

You both stayed like that for a while, just trying to subtly hold each other and also both trying to fight back the urge to kiss as it might be a bit inappropriate.

The bell chimed once more and it had been fifteen minutes since you both talked, a few customers walked in and it seemed like they would be the last ones for the night.

"I have to go," you stood up, a little hesitant to leave his side.

He noticed that and in return he gave you a light laugh, "I'll wait for you here, you'll be off soon right?"

With a nod you left, he could tell that your mood has lifted and so did his. He watched you interacted with the customers with a beautiful smile on your face.

After seeing you like this, it made him feel like he would be able to do his patrol tomorrow night.

Should've made it in Tim's perspective but that's ok.

Hope you like it!