number one fan || Tim Drake

Requested: ErrorV

Requested: ErrorV

Warning(s): hurt/comfort

I don't know much about ice skating, but- here we go!

::

You were sitting on the cold ice of the ring, your gloved palms pressed against your eyes as you sobbed softly, your pants were wet because of how much you had fallen, the ring was getting colder and colder. The tournament was in a couple of weeks but you just couldn't do the moves your coach taught you right.

You heard the familiar noise of someone skating, but they were getting closer and closer until the noises stopped right in front of you. "I think you've exerted yourself enough for one day."

The gentle voice that definitely belonged to a boy around your age stated. You slowly looked up and met with a pair of striking blue eyes, gentle smile, and pink cheeks. He had his hand reached out to help you up.

As soon as you placed your hand in his, you couldn't tell what he was like beneath that bulky jacket, but with the strength he pulled you up with and when you slightly felt the lean body of his torso you got a little image of what he was like. Your eyes widened at the thought and you quickly backed away, red-faced as you both thanked and apologized.

He waved your apologies away, telling you that it was fine. "Why were you crying in the middle of the ring? Isn't it cold?" He inquired politely. You were silent so he took it that he was being intrusive, this time he was the one who apologized. "You don't have to answer me, of course. I'm not gonna be offended."

"No!" You slapped a hand across your mouth, shaking your head before sighing, "no, that's not it. I just- I don't feel good enough? I've been practicing but I just can't seem to at least do most of the moves. I feel worthless," you chuckled humorlessly, "sorry, I'm sure you don't want to hear me rambling."

The boy scratched the back of his neck with his palm. "Uh, actually, I hope you don't find this creepy but I'm...a fan of yours," muttered the boy shyly, his eyes were looking everywhere but at you as a blush coated his cheeks cutely. "I've seen you in action lots of times and I think it's so cool, you're so cool. You always look like you're enjoying the music and skate on the ring to the rhythm like nobody is there."

You stared at him, blinking as if you didn't believe him. Well, you truly didn't at first but one look at the sincere look he had in his eyes erased those doubts that he was just trying to sweet talk you.

"Thank you, um?"

"Tim," he offered his hand for you which you gladly took as you smiled at him, sincerely.

"Thank you, Tim."

Ever since then, Tim would make his presence known by visiting you in the dressing room, after you finished changing, of course. The first time he visited you behind the ring, he looked so lost that you couldn't help but laugh at his confused expressions, he stood out like a sore thumb among the staff and skaters. They would look at him because they recognize him as one of Bruce Wayne's sons.

"I can't believe you're still able to look lost after months coming here," you laughed, hands busy to take off the bobby pins that kept your hair neat.

Tim was sitting on the comfy sofa by the door, he had his laptop on his lap, the room was filled with the sound of him typing rapidly as he grumbled at your comment and homework that his teacher gave him. "It's not me," he looked up from the screen to look at you struggling with your hair, "it's them, they just won't stop staring."

"Mhm," you hummed, "you don't have to come here every time I have a show, you know?"

By this point, Tim had stood up from his sitting position, laptop now replacing him on the sofa before he made his way towards you. You were too focused on the knot in your hair to even notice him standing behind you, staring at your face in the mirror before he coaxed your hands away and did the job himself.

"Here, let me."

Now, Tim didn't know much when it came to hair, let alone to undo your hairdo, but he learned a few tricks to get rid of the knots in people's hair. Mainly his own, every morning.

"You did great today, by the way," he spoke, his warm breath hitting your ear causing goosebumps to appear across your arms. You were thankful he didn't notice since you were wearing a long sleeved shirt.

"You always say that," you pointed out. The feeling of his calloused fingers going through your now smoothed hair was heavenly, you were beyond tempted to close your eyes and enjoy.

"Is it bad?" Tim asked, still running his fingers through your hair.

"No, I just-" you stopped after meeting his eyes in the mirror. Your face heated up at the look he gave you, his usual puppy like eyes turned into this smoldering gaze that got your heart thumping hard in your chest.

"You never cease to amaze me," you felt him leaning down until half of his face was hidden behind your head, eyes still on you. "This might sound really silly but I've been so captivated by you, you know?" He breathed.

Just like that he was back to his usual self, stepping away from you just like you did when you two first met, his face reddening- probably worst than yours- and he chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, I uh-"

You stared at him like he had grown two heads over your shoulder, that was not you had expected. Your surprise turned into a gleeful expression as you giggled.

"You really are my number one fan, aren't you?"

::

Sometimes I forget how bad I am with romance...*cries*

Hope you like it! :)