Chapter 10 Back to Normal

The four walked into the cortex, with Hiccup carrying Shannon where Cisco and Caitlin were waiting for them. Hiccup helped Caitlin get Shannon situated in the medical bay, setting up a heating panel above her.

"Hey, and if that doesn't work, we can always call Rory over and have him just, like, blast her with the Heat Gun. That would do it." Cisco suggested, gesturing with a hand. Hiccup glanced at Cisco.

"I know you're kidding, but that'd actually speed up the process." Cisco shrugged, but before he could respond, two men walked into the cortex.

"Nox! Viggo!" Emma exclaimed, hugging Nox, and then Viggo. Hiccup quickly hugged the two also.

"Is-is everyone-" Nox nodded.

"Yes, everyone's okay." Hiccup let out a breath of air, relieved.

"Thank goodness." He murmured. Then he glanced around the room. "Do you guys, uh-"

"Go, we'll be fine here." Caitlin encouraged him. Hiccup smiled gratefully and ran off.

"How'd you guys know something happened?" Snart questioned.

"Cisco called us." Viggo explained, glancing at Cisco, who nodded.

"I had to make sure everything was back to normal."

"And is it?" Emma asked. Cisco nodded again.

"Yup. Well, y'know, normal for us." Barry walked over to the group, grinning from ear to ear, clearly happy that everything was gonna be okay. Before Emma could too, Snart placed a hand on her arm and gently pulled her aside.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Emma nodded.

"Okay, sure, what's up?" Snart glanced over at the group before turning back to Emma.

"About what I said earlier, about messing things up. That was just me being paranoid. And paranoia is just that, paranoia. And I'm sick of being paranoid." Snart said, quietly. Emma's brow furrowed in confusion.

"What're you saying?" Snart gently cupped Emma's face and kissed her.

When the kiss broke, the two leaned their heads in together, foreheads touching.

"Everyone's looking at us." Emma whispered.

"Let them." Snart replied, tucking a lock of Emma's hair behind her ear before turning to look at the others. Both Caitlin and Cisco's expressions were shocked, Barry's face was mildly surprised, and Viggo and Nox just looked straight up smug.

"Uh, was that like that before?" Cisco questioned, pointing at Emma and Snart. Nox nodded.