Chapter 9 Let's Finish This

Emma and Cisco were walking up the path towards Shannon's workshop.

"Are you sure there'll be something here that can help us?" Cisco questioned. Emma nodded.

"Definitely. When Shannon first taught me magic, she brought me here to learn more spells. And if we can find the spell, we can find the price." Cisco's brow furrowed.

"The price?"

"Yup, the price. You see, that's the thing about it. Magic always comes with a price." Emma remarked. Cisco gave her a questioning look.

"Did you seriously just quote Once Upon a Time?" Emma looked at Cisco and said in her best Rumpelstiltskin voice,

"Yes I did, dearie." Cisco pointed at Emma, excitement flashing in his eyes.

"You're a Oncer?!" Emma nodded. "Girl, you have great taste in shows, I'll say that." Cisco remarked. Emma shrugged.

"Well, I learned from the best." Cisco's brow furrowed.

"Me?" Emma nodded.

"Yup. The moment you realized I knew nothing about pop culture, you went stark raving mad." Cisco opened his mouth to disagree, but then shrugged.

"That sounds about right. What did I-" Cisco was interrupted by a loud thud.

Emma and Cisco both looked the door. The thudding sound continued. Cisco cautiously opened the door and there was Snart, lying flat on his back, legs in the air, ready to kick the door again, still covered in the horribly sticky web.

"Leonard?" Emma quickly knelt down and pulled the sticky webbing away from Snart's mouth. Which was her first mistake. Giving a very angry Snart his ability to speak back.

"It's about time! Do you have any idea how long I've been kicking at that door?!" Cisco and Emma both shook their heads. Snart spat some of the webbing out of his mouth.

"Far. To. Long."

"What even happened?" Cisco asked.

"Shannon. She's going after Rohan. Alone. She's gonna get herself killed." Emma eyes widened. Cisco, however, seemed unfazed.

"You don't know that, she seems pretty tough." Snart glared daggers at Cisco.

"No, I do know that. And so does she. Shannon is under the impression that the only way to win this is for her to die. Why do you think she tied me up?!"

"She tied you up in a type of rope I've never seen before." Cisco remarked. Snart let out a groan.

"That's because it's not rope, it's webbing, you idiot!" Cisco glared at Snart.