Chapter 44: Revelation

The picture is my drawing of Amora 🖤

I woke up to an excruciating pain on the left side of my head. Slowly opening my eyes, my vision remained blurry for another minute before it slowly started to clear up.

I felt something cold laying on the side of my head and over my forehead, and I noticed there were a couple candles illuminating the room. I then look to the side of me and seen Undertaker sitting beside me as he was holding my hand.

“Amora, you’re finally awake. How are you feeling?” I flinch at the sound of his voice as his tone sounded way too loud, causing my head to hurt even worse. “Ugh... What are you talking so loud for? And why does my head hurt so bad?!” I cry out. “Please make it stop!” I practically whispered, as tears were starting to fall.

I feel his hand tightening on mine as he leans down beside me. “I’m so sorry, baby. I can’t give you any more of that medicine for a while. All I can do is place an ice pack over it.” He whispers back. “What happened, and why does it hurt so much?!”

“Amora... You really don’t remember? What’s the last thing you can remember?” He asks, worry clear in his voice. I try to think, but the pain was just too much, and everything seemed to be a blur. “I don’t know...... I remember leaving the Midfords’.... Just, please tell me what happened?”

“Dearie... I was opening up about my past, and admitting some truths to you before you jumped to conclusions and passed out. And when you did you hit your head pretty good on the corner of the coffee table.” He carefully explains, and I was slowly starting to remember.

My heart began breaking again, and I didn’t want him near me. “Undertaker... Please leave me alone. I need to be alone-”

“Amora, I need you to know that what you had thought is not true-”

“How am I supposed to believe you when you have already lied to me!?”

“Amora, I never lied to you our whole relationship! Except that one part with Cloudia, but I told you that wasn’t intentional-”

“You still lied to me! You told me I couldn’t be a watchdog-”

“To protect you from the dangers-”

“I’m a Phantomhive!..... My ancestors have been doing it for how long now-”

“And look at all of them! They died, Amora-”

“Just get out! I’m in so much pain right now I can’t stand it, and this is not helping at all! Please, just... Leave me alone!” He looked shattered, and he hesitantly gets up and leaves the room.

I continued to lay there, crying in pain. It felt as if I had a blade going through my skull, and I wanted nothing more than the pain to end. And if that wasn’t enough, everything that has been going on today, everything that has been said and done kept replaying through my memory, much to my dismay as even thinking was too much.

After maybe a half an hour, I had had enough of everything. Enough of today, enough of fighting, enough of my attitude, and enough of this pain! I force myself to get up and make my way out of the room. I try looking for Undertaker, but I didn’t see him anywhere.