Truth

"Really, prince?" I groaned, waking up.

The muffled whir of the car echoed in my ears as a golden hue shadowed the road: the street lights. Will talked about how I fell asleep on Jun, describing how adorable it was. Similarly, Alison dozed off with her face squashed against the window. My eyes flickered slowly as Will turned on the radio. Soft music played in the background while he and I conversed. My mother had asked me to come home with some snacks, so Will drove towards the nearest convenience store. Turning, the car entered the parking lot as Will reversed into a parking spot. As the car came to a halt, the vehicle rocked. Soon, I stepped out, followed by Will, who left Alison napping in her seat.

Inside, the convenience store's sterile aroma flooded into our noses. A brightly-lit room with shelves, all offering a variety of products greeted our weary eyes. The cashier bowed before noticing our sunken expressions: it had been a long night. Hilariously, in the background, cheery music rang through the building. I grabbed a plastic basket and began to throw bags of chips in. At the refrigeration aisle, Will contemplated which beverage to buy. He glanced over at me before signalling for me to come over. My basket was already filled with four bags of chips, two boxes of Poky, a bunch of instant ramen packages, a packeted piece of melon bread, and some powdered tea. Will gawked at my half-filled basket before asking for my assistance. There was an iced milk tea, iced mocha coffee, boba tea, and a milkshake. Will looked at me with beady eyes whilst I murmured to myself.

"The iced milk tea looks good," I growled before clearing my throat.

Will took two: one for me, and one for himself. He saw me eying the chocolate sundaes and grabbed a three of those before cheekily simpering. Before walking to the cashier, we also stopped by and took a bag of Kit Kats. I placed our basket of snacks on the desk as the cashier scanned each item. It ended up pricing about twenty bucks. Luckily, my wallet had a twenty note, so I handed it to the counter person, who thanked us.

Outside, the moon glowed brightly. Will and I were spooning ice cream into our mouths as he unlocked the car—Alison was still snoring inside. As the car clicked, I opened my door before entering and slamming it shut. Alison jolted awake, squealing. Will began snorting as Alison grumpily scanned the vehicle. I gave her the third sundae as she changed her expression to delight. Will turned the key on the car as the engine roared. For a couple of minutes, we relaxed laughing and chatting about the karaoke night: we definitely had to do that again. Inside the pouch behind Will's chair, a bulge emerged. I reached in to find a granola bar; it was the sort he fancied. Sliding it out, I hung it over Will's head, asking if he wanted one. He made a playfully scornful expression as he snatched it and laid the bar on the dashboard shelf. Changing the gear, Will drove off whilst Alison and I snickered.

The ensuing day was hopeful.

Hot streaks of liquid slid down my back as the dirty bathroom ceiling fogged from water vapour. It was supposed to rain outside again. As I switched off the faucet, I pulled the shower curtain and stepped out. Droplets slipped below my legs as a pool of water enveloped the floor. Combing back my soaked hair and drawing a towel off the shelf, I shivered.

Something was off; it was unusually bright this morning. A creeping suspicion loomed over me. It wasn't long before I raced to my room and examined the clock to see it was already eleven o'clock in the morning. Sweating, I scrolled through my notifications as I sat on my bed.

ALISON

I WOKE UP LATE!!!!!

LMAOOOOOOOO did you wake up late too Evan????

Wills sleeping i think XD

ME

Oof

do u wanna just hang out or sth?