chapter 30

(your pov)

-present day-

"now can i...?" i look back at blaise, moving my eyes away from draco's form pushing out through the stadium curtains

"now you can go." he nods, a satisfied look on his face. i have a feeling draco's been wanting to get that one off of his chest for years, and blaise wanted to let him have his opportunity.

i'm glad he did.

i realize i hadn't moved yet when blaise's hand finds my back and pushes me forward. i look back at him and he raises his eyebrows, flicking his gaze to where draco just exited.

"well?" he smirks, "you gonna follow him or not?"

"y-yes- yes i was just-"

"y/l/nnn?" he draws out the word, tilting his head and raising his eyebrows further

"yep. yep, okay, i'm going." i blush a little, turning on my broom and flying it forward.

i fly downwards, underneath the other boys, and can hear pucey and urquhart arguing. i only hear snippets- but i gather that it's about apologizing to draco. crabbe and goyle yell in their opinions every now and then, defending draco as they watch the argument.

i just land on the grass, a few feet away from where the curtain is still swaying from draco's dramatic exit, when i hear pucey's voice over the other's.

"oi! practice isn't over!" 

i look back to see pucey staring down at me, still hovering in front of urquhart on their brooms.

"oh, fuck off, pucey." 

and with that, i turn my head defiantly and walk off the pitch, hearing blaise clap and holler behind me.

__________________________

i walk through the short passageway under the stands and then past another set of curtains before i'm back outside, searching the landscape for draco. i spy him far up the hill, shoulder's evidently pulled tight even from this far away, and his fists clenched. i practically have to sprint to catch up with him, my breathing strained when i'm finally just behind him, leaving my voice quiet as i attempt to shout out, "draco!"

he turns nonetheless, raising a hand quickly before his eyes find my face. he recognizes me and his hand drops back to his side, his features softening instantly.

"i- i'm sorry-" he starts to stutter, backing away slightly

"don't be," i respond, my breath still labored as i take steps towards him, "by god did you have to walk so fast?" i let out a small laugh, looking up to meet his eyes as i rest my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

he chuckles a little in response, but it sounds forced.

"i shouldn't have snapped like that-"

"no, you definitely should have." i look up at him again to see his eyes widen, "probably should've punched the prick too, for good measure." i let a smirk come onto my lips, and he considers me for a second before smiling.

"he- he's said some awful things about you-"

"i gathered." i hold back another laugh, standing up straight. draco meets my eyes, expecting me to say more. when i don't, i tilt my head, indicating i want him to explain further.