chapter 54

⚠️⚠️TW
draco is indeed in this chapter, and he's not in the best head space (for.... obvious reasons)
there is blood (kind of? not like imagery of it just mention of it being there) and a brief allusion to suicidal thoughts. i'll put the ⚠️ emoji at those sections and write beginning of/end of section

(US) national suicide prevention hotline: (800) 273-8255

**additional resources in chapter 16 of this book— or go to afsp.org**

__________________________

it felt like since the break had begun, i had been waiting for the other shoe to drop.

the morning after my date with brian, it seemed it finally had.

i went to walk down from my dorm sunday morning, fresh faced and smiling, only to find blaise and theo on the other side of my bedroom door— blaise about to knock.

"what are you—"

"room of requirement. now," blaise says with a set jaw, eyeing me for a moment before turning on his heel and storming down the stairs.

"what is he—"

"daphne's trained you in healing spells for malfoy, right?" theo says softly as he links his arm though mine, guiding me quickly down the stairs.

"why would i need—"

"yes or no, y/n?" theo prompts.

"yes, yes she taught me, but—"

"okay," theo nods, tightening his grip as we follow blaise out through the common room. "now, i'm going to say something, and i need you not to freak out—"

"theo that's never a good way to start a sentence—"

"nott, you're scaring her," blaise says over his shoulder, still not stopping his ever increasing pace towards the stairs. "malfoy's scratched his arm up so it's a right mess. nott and i don't know how to fix it— because god knows we never paid attention in first-aid training—"

"is he okay?" i respond immediately, tugging away from theo and jogging ahead to blaise.

blaise pauses for a second, looking over at me sideways and sighing loudly.

"after yesterday? no he's not fucking okay. but hopefully he'll stop beating himself up over it if you're the one who comes to fix him, yeah? so let's hang onto that hope."

with that, blaise starts walking again, turning up the stairs and leaving me standing there in shock— until i regain my bearings and start storming up the stairs after him.

"oi! zabini!" i shout, quickening my pace as i feel theo reach out to hold me back. "you're the one who suggested i date around! so i don't know what your fucking—"

"but you told me you weren't going to! i had no time to prepare him—"

"oh, well boo-fucking-hoo!" i cry out exasperatedly, throwing my hands in the air, "i'm so, god damn tired of fucking tip toeing around everything! i just want to live my fucking life—"

theo's arm comes back around my waist slowly, attempting to ease my heaving breaths.

"not here, y/n," he says quietly. "yell at him later, okay?"

i look away from blaise's eyes staring me down long enough to catch theo's, seeing him plead with me. i give a small nod, looking back to see blaise retreat around the corner in even more of a rush than before.