𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

General Brewster was arriving at Central and thinking about the dozens of papers she would have to read regarding the explosion at the Fifth Laboratory the night before. But, before the Alchemist dove in that boring task, there was something she wanted to do.

The officers at the entrance saluted her as she walked in and the ones in the halls of the building did the same. Some of them found it odd to see her at that side of Central Command since her office wasn't there and the first thing she did when she arrived was to head to her office. But, for the first time, she wasn't heading to her office.

The lady stopped in front of a door and opened it to enter the room.

'General Brewster.'

'Good morning, Lieutenant Colonel Hughes,' the young general smiled. 'I heard the Elrics got themselves in some trouble. Are they alright?'

'They are at the hospital,' Hughes informed the female. 'I'm going to visit them later today.'

Brewster smiled and then approached the Colonel's desk.

'Today's your daughter's birthday am I right?' she asked sitting on a chair at the table.

'Yes, my little Elicia is turning three!' an extremely happy and proud Colonel spoke.

Then, the Dark Alchemist placed a little rag doll on the table. It had blonde locks and bright blue eyes and a pink dress. It was adorable.

The hazel-eyed man looked at it with a puzzled expression. Was that for his Elicia?

'Tell her Scarlett transmuted it for her and that she is proud of her dad.'

And with that, the General got up and headed to the door.

'General,' Hughes called before she opened the door, 'thank you. She will love it!'

Hughes had a smile on his face. He always knew the General wasn't that cold; she was just extremely professional and a little too serious maybe.

He had never talked much to her... just good morning and good night. The Dark Alchemist always seemed so unapproachable and becoming General just made that even more noticeable. Fuhrer King Bradley seemed to be her closest "friend" in the military which was a little strange. The fact that the General hadn't any soldier under her command was odd as well. During the Ishvalan War, she was a solo soldier. Perhaps, the lady didn't work well on teams.

While Hughes was thinking about the General and how happy his daughter would be when she saw the little doll, Brewster was reading the reports regarding the Fifth Laboratory. There was a report by Sergeant Denny Brosh that mentioned an enemy that was an empty armour. That was definitely something he shouldn't know about. She had to know exactly what they had seen and what they knew.

Brewster left her office and walked to Major Armstrong's workplace. The lady wanted to know where his subordinates were.

'Major,' she spoke entering his office.

'General Brewster,' he greeted.

'I need to talk to Lieutenant Ross and Sergeant Brosh,' the female informed and the relaxed expression in the Major's face became a worried one. 'It's about the Fifth Laboratory incident. I'm in charge of the case.'

The Strong Arm Alchemist felt relieved to know his soldiers weren't in trouble and told the General they were with the Elrics at the hospital. The beautiful alchemist thanked him and then left heading to the hospital.

When she got there, Brewster approached the receptionists to ask in which room the Fullmetal Alchemist was staying. They gave her the answer immediately and she headed to that room. The lady could hear voices as she approached the room where the blond alchemist was. She opened the door in a swift move and entered it.