𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

'General, you can't...' a nurse at the hospital spoke to the Dark Alchemist as the lady walked fast through the hospital's corridors. 'They need to rest before seeing someone.'

'Hush your mouth and get the fuck out of my way,' the black-haired lady said angrily while letting go of the formalities of being a general.

The alchemist took some more steps and soon was in front of a room's door. She opened the door and walked inside.

'Scarlett?' a confused Mustang spoke when he saw the lady at the room's door.

'Are we in heaven?' a weak Havoc asked receiving a death glare from the general.

'What are you doing here?' the dark-eyed man asked with a tired voice. 'I thought we weren't allowed to get any visitors.'

'And you aren't but I'm the most powerful person in the country, so those rules don't really apply to me,' the lady's red lips turned into a smile as she spoke. 'Anyway, how are you feeling?'

The worry in her light-blue eyes was genuine but Roy couldn't help but wonder how the lady knew they were there. Did she also know what had happened?

'I'm... better but tired,' the male alchemist confessed.

'Maybe you should have asked for some more help to kill the thing,' the Dark Alchemist smirked.

'I'm fine too!' the blond soldier spoke a little sad at the fact that the lady didn't seem to be as worried about him as she was about his superior.

'I got all the help I needed. And I followed your advice,' he said referring to the things the lady had told him about the Philosopher's Stone.

'Well, I see you are both fine,' she smiled once again. 'I'm going to let you rest now. See you tomorrow.'

The two men said their goodbyes to the General as well as they watched her open the room's door to leave. Suddenly, she turned around.

'By the way, Mustang,' the way she said his name was alluring as usual, 'she's in the east.'

The Colonel smirked. She had really found out. He had underestimated her. He wasn't worried about her knowing his plan, he trusted her.

'So, Colonel, you and the General...' Havoc commented in a suggestive tone.

'What can I say,' Mustang began, 'she is a remarkably fascinating lady.'

'Oh, she's definitely fascinating,' the blond soldier laughed but soon stopped due to the pain he was feeling. 'She's even more beautiful than my ex-girlfriend.'

'And she's an actual human,' the black-haired man joked.

'You're smart,' Havoc complemented. 'Getting closer to the general and then getting closer to a promotion.'

Mustang found his friend's words funny. That was his intention initially, but, as much as he didn't like to admit it, the Dark Alchemist had found a way to conquer his heart. Actually, he wasn't sure if she had conquered his heart or if he was just fascinated by her dark but golden heart. He could only tell, he felt something strong.

The Flame Alchemist felt it every time he saw the beautiful lady. He could even see his eyes shining when she walked into the room the next day. The general was there to see how he was doing and to gather some information on the incident that had happened the night before as well. She was the officer in charge of the case, and she needed to speak to Havoc and Mustang about it.

'General Brewster,' Lieutenant Hawkeye greeted the blue-eyed lady when she entered the room.

'Lieutenant Hawkeye: the person I need right now,' she smiled. 'I know you are already pretty busy, but I do need a full report on yesterday's events. And by full report I mean the fullest report you can write. I want to know what happened and what didn't happen. It would be great if I had that report on my desk by tomorrow's noon.'