I stared at William but he only stared back.

"We–"

"Let me have your number and I'll text you an invitation." She handed me her phone cutting me off.

"I never thought in a million years I'd see the dream couple at an afternoon bistro," she laughed. Hearing that title made me grimace but I continued typing my number into her phone.

"I'll call you! Bye you two, kisses." She waved before leaving. I released a breath watching the door of the restaurant close behind her.

"Was she your friend or my friend?" William asked.

"I can't remember but I'll text you the invitation."

***

I knew I should have sucked it up and asked William for an advanced pay yesterday but I just couldn't. It was Thursday now and by Saturday morning, Jiggy would start looking for me and I only had half of the miserly six hundred dollars available.

Staring at my phone grimly I knew my last card would have to be used; calling my parents. Again.

I dialed the number.

"Hey mom."

"Hey P, what's up?"

I gazed at my reflection through the large restroom mirror. My skin was paler than normal and dark bags had already formed underneath my cerulean blue eyes but my hair remained neatly packed in the ponytail.

"I need your help," I sighed, "I-I don't have enough money for my rent, my payday was shifted."

"Oh baby, when is it due?"

"In a few days." I murmured.

"Why didn't you call since then?" She chided and I bit my lip.

"You paid last month's and the last, how long will I–"

"And I'll continue to pay the whole year's rent if I have to Ophelia, your father and I have no problem helping with your rent until you're stable again, okay?"

"Thank you mom." I whispered.

"Don't despair and get back to work, okay? And if you have friends go out for a bit, just relax, you'll be fine." She said and I nodded though she couldn't see me.

The call ended and I dropped the phone on the slab. I breathed in to stop the tightening in my chest. I really hated these moments; the moments self doubt, anger and hate crept in.

After leaving the restroom, I went down for lunch alone as Heather was busy filling in some papers. I met with Joanne and Isabella on their floor and we all continued on to the cafeteria together.

"We are going out this Friday and you have to come." Joanne said.

"Friday–"

"It has to be a yes remember?" Isabella smiled.

I sighed in resignation but also mulled it over. Mom did say I should go out. This week had been exhausting enough.

"It will be fun and all the drinks on Isabella, she lost a bet." Joanne laughed then proceeded to tell me all about the bet and how Isabella was a sore loser.

***

The cab stopped and I exited.

"Have fun miss," the driver saluted before driving away. I stared at the flashing lights at the entrance of the night club feeling both excited and terrified.