New Neighbors

You'd forgotten how much you missed (F/N). She was literally the best thing that'd ever happened to you, considering you never really had a lot of friends. You were complete opposites, though. She was popular in high school, you were that new kid with no friends. She went to every party and dance, you considered 'going out' going to go get take out when you're mom or dad didn't cook dinner. She was in cliques, you were in fandoms. She was cool, you were lame. But, for some odd reason unknown to you, she asked you to sit next to her at lunch one day. Neither of you knew it could lead to this.

(F/N) helped you bring in all of the boxes containing your stuff, and there were quite a lot.

"Holy shit," (F/N) said. "I thought you said you got rid of some stuff."

"I did!" you exclaimed. "Well. . . I tried. I couldn't get rid of my fandom stuff! It's like, a part of me!" You'd forgotten how thoroughly uneducated in the world of fandoms (F/N) was.

"Right. . . Fandoms. They aren't creey at all."

"They aren't. Well, not from the inside at least. . . Just help me with the boxes, idjit."

"What does that even mean? You've been calling me that for like, five years," (F/N) said, exasperated.

"Nothing. . . Idjit," you said and smirked. You finally actually started bringing up the boxes, going up and down the myriad of stairs to your new apartment, which, for some reason, looked familiar.

At one point, you were carrying a large box, in which you couldn't see over, when you thought you heard someone coming down the stairs. You mentally groaned as you realized that other people lived in this building and you'd have to actually talk to people sometimes.

You brushed off what you heard, thinking it was probably (F/N) behind you or something. Big mistake. Whoever was coming down the stairs obviously wasn't lookin either, as they crashed right into you.

"Holy shit!" you shouted as you barely caught yourself on the railing, preventing yourself from falling downt the stairs, but also making you drop the box you were holding.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" you heard the person say. It was a dude. And he sounded quite familiar. Like you'd heard his voice a thousand times.

"Hey, watch where you're-" you shouted before your mind processed what it saw. "Dan Howell," you said, much softer.

"Yes, that's me," he said awkwardly waving at you. "I'm sorry I ran into you. I was Tweeting and I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Oh, th-that's alright," you responded, as, if not, even more awkwardly than Dan. It literally took everything in you not to scream and hug him and ask for a picture and autograph. "Well, um, I'm (Y/N). I'm moving in with my friend, who apparently lives across the hall from you," you said, holding your rught hand out to shake his.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he said, shaking your hand. "I'm Dan. But, you seem to already know that."

"Um, yeah. I subscribe to you and Phil on YouTube," you said, deciding not to bring up your fan accouts dedicated to them.

"Well, it's nice to meet a fan," he said, his smile turning to a grimace. "But, please don't tell the entirety of the internet where I live."

"Oh, God, no. That would be hell for both of us. Um, I should probably get back to bringing my stuff in," you said, bending down to grab the stuff that fell out of the box.

"Here, let me help. It is my fault you dropped the box in the first place." Dan knelt down, his belt useless in keeping his pants up. "Wow," Dan said, holding up a few items of merch. "Assassin's Creed? Harry Potter? The Avengers?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda a geek about that stuff."

"Only the best people are." Did Dan Howell -- the Dan Howell, YouTuber of four milllion subscribers, radio presenter of BBC Radio 1 -- just compliment you? You, the nerdy girl of four million obsessions?

"Did you just quote Alice in Wonderland?" you asked. You decided it was better than the fangirl squeal taking over your brain.

"Well, what can you expect from the human fucking embodiment of Winnie the Pooh?" he answered with a bit of a chuckle.

You and (F/N) finished bringing in the boxes, with the assistance of Dan. You introduce Dan to (F/N), who didn't even know she lived across the hall from two famous YouTubers.

"Thanks so much, Dan," you said.

"No problem. Just ask if you need anything else," he replied. You couldn't help but notice he was even more perfect in person. And quite tall. Well, you already knew he was tall, but in person, he looked very tall compared to your 5'7". You turned to go back into your apartment, but you heard Dan utter another group of words.

"Oh, um, (Y/N), is it? Sometime, maybe, I could introduce you to Phil and we could go out to lunch and we could go to lunch with your flatmate."

"Flatmate?" you asked. "Oh, right. You guys call them flats." You facepalmed.

"Well, what do they call them in America?" Dan asked, as if it would be ludicrous if it were called anything else.

"Apartments."

"That's. . .weird."

"So is pavement. Why pavement? It's a sidewalk."

"Americans are ridiculous."

"Whatever," you said, laughing.

"So, is that a yes?" Dan said, breaking you from a trance you had no idea you were in. You got lost in his voice, his eyes. Him.

"You'd like to go to lunch with me? Well, me and Phil. Because it wouldn't be just you and me. I mean, we just met. Like, it's not a date. Unless you want it to be. But it's not. Again, unless you're down with that. It's Phil and I. A-and your flatmate. Oh, and you. Of course. If you want to . If you flatmate wants to. Well, I should probably ask Phil first. But I'm sure he'll b-

"Dan," you say. "You're starting to mumble."

"Oh, yeah. That's one of my many f-"

"Flaws, I know. I watched the video. Reason's why Dan's a fail! Yay!" you sang the small tune to his hilarious YouTube series. "And we'd love to. Just knock any time." Wow. You actually played that off hella cool. Way to go, (Y/N)!

"O-okay. Nice meeting you."

"You too." You turned towards your apartment -- or flat. And, of course, as if God just can't let you seem like a chill person to any other human being ever, you trip over the welcome mat in front of your door. You caught yourself, though, on the door. You hear Dan fail to stifle his laughter. And just at that moment, (F/N) opens the door.

"What was that noi-" she started, only to be cut off by you falling on top of her.

Well, way to go, (Y/N). You're so fucking cool. Just go die in a hole now

A/N: Hey! Hope you liked this kinda long chapter. Thanks so much for reading, it means a lot xxx

Dan Howell [Danisnotonfire] x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें